Slingbag/Gearslinger

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Citizen H

Re: Slingbag/Gearslinger

Post by Citizen H »

I've a bad case of old man syndrome, nothing fits, nothing works, and things were defiantly better years ago.....!?!

I've been trying to replace kit that been on the decline for years and I refuse to pay silly money for any of this new fangled, chemically treated blardy blar,,,,,

Id recommend the German army ruck sack (photo attached) additional pockets would be a bonus but I guess it could be moded, mine is pre owned and has a few battle scars theres lots of reviews on youtude all of which are positive, so much so they reproduce them but not to the same standard...

other items I love to see come back are the dutch olive green army trousers, cant seem to fine them for love nor money, also the german army moleskin shirts, use to be able to get these of the market for £1 each.... 30 odd years ago.
Attachments
German Army Rucksack.jpg
German Army Rucksack.jpg (23.68 KiB) Viewed 1029 times
Im just hoping for the best and preparing for the worse.

Citizen "H"
ForgeCorvus

Re: Slingbag/Gearslinger

Post by ForgeCorvus »

H: DGMS*
While I grant you that some modern things are better (Sawyer filters, Torx screws and Gorrilla glue for example) I'm a bit (very) old school with a lot of my fieldgear..... Just love Sovtech :oops:

I like rucks that are the classic big-bag-with-straps with maybe a couple of small pockets for oddments.

*Don't Get Me Started
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar