How do you store/travel with batteries?

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
FlashPan

How do you store/travel with batteries?

Post by FlashPan »

H'ola Amigos :)

So I am getting a good and healthy supply of AA and AAA long life and long life rechargeable batteries setup. (Loving GP Recyko Pro USB chargers and batteries right now)

I've been buying these to assign to a particular task eg: torch, radio, lamp and numbering them so they are rotated/recharged evenly.

At present I am keeping them in these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-Hard-Plas ... 1727698249

Which are fine for home but not very sturdy at all. I've already put tape over the spine to stop that from splitting.

Naturally I'd like to keep a supply in my BOB and am looking to see what other "containers" out there you may have found that I have not?

Am thinking for transportation purposes water proofness is key, sturdiness of course as well as compact size.

Ideas?

Cheers Hombres

PS: No reason going Mexican...just thought to mix it up a bit ;)
Gordon's Alive!?
Deeps

Re: How do you store/travel with batteries?

Post by Deeps »

Crazy gringo, I use the same, H'you get them for the 18650's too, h'you wouldn't want to speel any Tequila on h'them so I put them in leeeedle sealy bags muchacho.
jaffab

Post by jaffab »

Vacuum sealed bags. I have little vacuum sealed bags for all sorts in my kits...
* Batteries
* Spare pants/t-shirt/walking socks
* Jerky
* Even my bug out sleeping bag is in a vacuum sealed bag

Water tight, air tight, and for things like sleeping bags (clothes, etc) they compact right down.
You live in a time of decay, when the worth of a man is how much he can pay (Flamboyant, Pet Shop Boys, 2006)
jansman

Post by jansman »

I use those little containers. Got mine from Poundland.Kodak.before that I just wrapped em +to - in insulation tape.Simples!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Mine are loose in a zippered pencil case in the lid pouch of my bergen:lol:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Tip don't do as they did in RAF Wildenrath some years back. I was coming back with a load of rechargable AA batteries in a clear plastic bag (been carrying them like that for ages) Anyway security decided to make them "safe" they'd tape them in a long line, looked a belt from a GPMG when they finsihed. Great till I get to Gatwick airport and the x-ray machine...... :lol: (they panic easily at Gatwick)
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

Ziploc bag in a pocket of whatever I'm carrying at the time. Easy enough to find, replace, low cost etc. Normally always have a couple of spare ziplocs on me too, good for plant cuttings, biscuits and the like.
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

featherstick wrote:Ziploc bag in a pocket of whatever I'm carrying at the time. Easy enough to find, replace, low cost etc. Normally always have a couple of spare ziplocs on me too, good for plant cuttings, biscuits and the like.
I keep a spare to bung my phone in if it starts raining, always handy to have a few spare. Wheres the thumbs up icon?
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

http://www.edcgear.co.uk/ProductDetails ... de=12AAATB
Power pack caddies are well thought of.
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

jaffab wrote:Vacuum sealed bags. I have little vacuum sealed bags for all sorts in my kits...
* Batteries
* Spare pants/t-shirt/walking socks
* Jerky
* Even my bug out sleeping bag is in a vacuum sealed bag

Water tight, air tight, and for things like sleeping bags (clothes, etc) they compact right down.
I got a commercial vac sealer and started to go a bit mad with it and those larger vac bags for such as sleeping bags, 1 I put inside a bivi bag and shrank it down way smaller than it was to start with, since then I have thought, hang on I can't get it back that small without the machine so I'm starting to think compression sacks for stuff like that, but hell yes all the other stuff makes sense, any increase in space would be OK because there would be stuff getting used.. food I'm thinking.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.