huntingcrossbows.co.uk Anyone used them?

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
drillerkiller

Post by drillerkiller »

Hello,
Just wondering if anyone has used this website https://www.huntingcrossbows.co.uk/
I read someh where else that its a fake UK site and is based in the US, and people have problems receiving there items or getting extra charges.
The name would suggest maybe it isnt based in the UK, would they get away with calling it that over here?

Thanks!
Deeps

Re: huntingcrossbows.co.uk Anyone used them?

Post by Deeps »

No idea about the company but as you allude to, hunting with bows is illegal in the UK so keep any replies on topic please. :D
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

Their site is so full of spelling mistakes that I wouldn't go near it personally.
If they're that slack that they don't even spell check their site then I'm not trusting them with my name, address and card details.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Is that banner image nicked from Assassin's Creed ?

I don't think its a US based site.... I think it might be further east then that.

I also wouldn't touch it with someone else's bargepole
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

Also if you go into the "About Us" section of their site it gives an address in Germany to send returns to.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
TopSod

Post by TopSod »

According to the Whois it's registered to a guy in London

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

Hunting Crossbows
Buergerstr.10,
01705 Freital, Sachsen
Germany
huntingcrossbowsuk@gmail.com
is the address they list in about us.
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
drillerkiller

Post by drillerkiller »

I messaged them and asked them, this is the reply I got:

Hello,

We received your message on the chat system. Our website is based in the UK but our fulfillment centers are based in the USA. Please rest assured that we lower the dollar value as low as is feasible without getting flagged by customs so the custom duties that you'll pay will be as low as is feasible.

We hope that answered your questions.

Thank you

HuntingCrossbows.co.uk
drillerkiller

Post by drillerkiller »

$47 import duty on a £350 crossbow apparently, I had to guess the state though, so dont know how that will affect it?
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

drillerkiller wrote:$47 import duty on a £350 crossbow apparently, I had to guess the state though, so dont know how that will affect it?
That's a lot of pennies and it wont stop there, you'll need a decent target, what about a cocking aid?
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.