Shadowhawk x800

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
ian2509

Shadowhawk x800

Post by ian2509 »

Shadowhawk x800
Had this about a week now, so thought I would do an honest post on it. So first of all I bought this rather impulsively at £20 from a well known online auction site. Overall I like this tourch its sturdy, powerful and well built. However here comes the BUT.
The case it comes in is very flimsy and takes up too much space in my already bursting and small BOB, it takes up nearly the full top compartment, the unit with its lithium ion battery is quite heavy for its relative size, this and the characteristics of the zoom function make it a non starter for mounting to a weapon. Zoom fuction is pulling the head of the torch outwards. It also only comes with a US plug so buyers beware you will need purchase an adapter plug. The charger itself is very cheaply built and I wouldn't trust the overcharge cut out function for a second. On the plus side, it is has a multi power battery pack, so in addition it can run of AAA batteries as well, its also very bright at 800LM or so they claim. Its also has dimmer, flash, and sos modes.

On the whole its overpriced for what you get and there are cheaper alternatives out there, its trying to compete with the likes of surefire but comes up lacking. I will be keeping it for now as it suits my needs at present. Would I reccomend this to you? honest answer NO. Thats what you get for impulsive buying, lesson learnt. Pics below are of the unit and my BOB so you can see how much space it takes in a small bag.
Attachments
IMG_20160825_115311.jpg
IMG_20160825_113957.jpg
IMG_20160825_113940.jpg
IMG_20160825_113917.jpg
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"