My new tent...

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
ForgeCorvus

Re: My new tent...

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Last weekend I was on a site and there were three large (or rather two large and one huge) air-beam type tents.
They stood up to the 40+ mph winds we had at least as well as the various hard-pole tents that were around (and better then the one that blew totally flat, snapping all the poles and ripping the fabric).

One weird querk is that they can turn nearly inside out under pressure (I saw it happen) but unlike a normal tent pole they will spring back to shape rather then bend or break
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
greyman

Post by greyman »

@dangerman,d not know what bike you ride? have you tried Ventura luggage systems.
I had one on my zx9 loads of storage space,unclips in seconds and stable and secure at autobahn speeds ;)
Bit expensive but we'll worth it .
Sorry for a bit off topic.
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

Dammit! I wish I'd actually bought it now. You're all convincing me it was a good tent. Turned out that I ordered it and they cancelled it because there was a problem with paypal. I decided not to order it again because of the worry about it being a blow up, and went for a traditional pole tent instead. The one I went for cost £35 less but looks very similar.

See?

If this one turns out to be crap then I'll take it back and swap for the blow up one instead.
I love motorcycles like a fat guy loves cake. I also love cake.