1 man tents,..

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
dangerman

Re: 1 man tents,..

Post by dangerman »

I've had the Hi Gear Soloist for near two years now and I've had about three trips out of it, about ten nights in all and I've also pitched it in the garden a few times too. It's a good tent for the £20 I paid, but alas, they don't sell it anymore. Go Outdoors have taken the exact same design and increased the HH to 5000 and branded it the OEX Phoxx.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/oex-phoxx-1 ... nt-p360400

Not sure if it's worth paying the extra £30 for the extra waterproofing, but I'm pleased with my Soloista and so this would definitely do the job for a wild camp. I have managed to fit all my leathers and helmet and bags all under the flysheet, leaving the inner tent a pure cosy sleeping environment.

However, the Vango Banshee looks like a proper nice option too. If you can get it on offer.
I love motorcycles like a fat guy loves cake. I also love cake.
munchh

Post by munchh »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:Well I've been in touch with a "man" who has a small army Surplus store I have a goretex 2 hoop bivvy on the side for errm £85 :oops:
the dutch one is very good, but only for sleeping in.

You can have the wedge shape grey one i have for the price of the postage, pm me if you do?
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
Meta

Post by Meta »

You have probably bought one now, but I use the 3 man version of this with my lad when we went wild camping.

Couldn't fault it (needed the 3 man as we were both in there with all our kit)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Coleman-Bedroc ... cking+tent
own your situation before it owns you
icehot

Post by icehot »

I've been looking at the OEX Phoxx it looks pretty good, but can't decide between that and the Banshee 200 for the extra space. I'm 6'2 and have the banshee 300 already which is great, but just a touch too bulky and heavy to carry on your back for 1 person, I like how discreet the Phoxx could be in like a homeless situation, of if any of you watch Hunted, Nick Cummings had 1 and it looked good there. But equally the 200 I could store my bag in with me, but is that worth 800g? Plus I could move around a touch more in bad weather. Decisions!
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

icehot wrote:I've been looking at the OEX Phoxx it looks pretty good, but can't decide between that and the Banshee 200 for the extra space. I'm 6'2 and have the banshee 300 already which is great, but just a touch too bulky and heavy to carry on your back for 1 person, I like how discreet the Phoxx could be in like a homeless situation, of if any of you watch Hunted, Nick Cummings had 1 and it looked good there. But equally the 200 I could store my bag in with me, but is that worth 800g? Plus I could move around a touch more in bad weather. Decisions!
Welcome to the fourm, can you post a wee intro on the welcome section please. As for the tent, for a measly 800g, sod it go for it.