Portable shower

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Medusa

Portable shower

Post by Medusa »

We have one of thesehttps://www.amazon.co.uk/Hozelock-Ltd-4 ... ble+shower
A great little item for camping, no power required as long as you have the means to make hot water. It has a big enough capacity for 2 decent showers and hair washes if you are frugal. Not necessarily a prepping item but will be put to use in the utility tent in the back garden whilst our bathroom is being replaced.
Growing old disgracefully!
Deeps

Re: Portable shower

Post by Deeps »

I bought one for cleaning the dogs so it got a fair bit of use over the winter. You're right that it doubles up as a people shower too, its no power shower but it does the job and is definitely part of my prepping options.
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

If the weathers hot bug a few gallons of water in a good strong black bag and leave it out in the sun for a few hours, free hot water.
Stasher

Post by Stasher »

As above. I bought a couple of these after recommendations from this forum

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/search/sear ... r%20shower
Knowledge is power
dazthechippy

Post by dazthechippy »

i did the same as stasher, mainly for the kids in the garden in the summer and cleaning them up a it before going indoors - works really well but i cut the hose tube down a fair bit otherwise you have to hang it too high ..

also if been left out for the day in strong sun it needs cold water added to it before showering as the kids tell me its too hot, never thought i'd hear that in this country but they are effective as that shows...
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

This is brilliant. I'll be getting one for the dog and chucking it in the car.

Thanks for the post/link!
Area 8.

"Better to have and not need, than to need and not have"
digi

Post by digi »

Stasher wrote:As above. I bought a couple of these after recommendations from this forum

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/search/sear ... r%20shower
i picked one of these up in lidls a few days ago for £3
FlashPan

Post by FlashPan »

I bought one of those black plastic type jobs years ago. Was said to self heat the water in certain conditions...something like if you hang it in the right position to catch the sunrise rays....never did test it out though. Still thought though good to have even if it was a cold shower.
Gordon's Alive!?
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

Just purchased one for camping and to replace the watering can in the bathroom.....

Yes, I have a watering can in the bathroom in case the shower or hot water dies on me.....

And flowerpots in storage to be used as candle powered heaters in case of power cuts.....

Perfectly normal behaviour...... :D
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

nickdutch wrote:Just purchased one for camping and to replace the watering can in the bathroom.....

Yes, I have a watering can in the bathroom in case the shower or hot water dies on me.....

And flowerpots in storage to be used as candle powered heaters in case of power cuts.....

Perfectly normal behaviour...... :D
You forgot to say "on here" :lol:
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar