Review of Kenwood Fruit Press

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Decaff

Review of Kenwood Fruit Press

Post by Decaff »

Tried this out today on my tomato mountain, sorry it was a very messy procedure so I didn't get to take photos.

I removed the skin from the tomatoes first as I want to dehydrate this for tomato powder. Mine were frozen so I plunged them into very hot water to split the skins for easy removal. Next time I will remove the blossom end before freezing as this will save time on processing day. Skins slipped off easily and mostly in one piece with a firm squeeze.

Fitted the press onto the machine easily and it was sturdy enough. All parts except for the spiral that crushes the fruit and the stick to push the food down into the machine are made from metal.

I found that the tomatoes were far too meaty and juicy for this attachment to cope with, juice was pouring out where it shouldn't have been and the pulp was very wet after coming through and could easily have been put through again for more juice. It did clog up the mesh filter which I think was down to the amount of seeds and the quantity I was processing.
The juice was seed free though.

I wouldn't use again for tomatoes but can see that it will be fantastic for blackberries, raspberries, strawberries and soft fruits where you A) don't want any seeds in, like for jellies and B) you have a lot of fruit to process.

Not suitable for dishwashing and the metal mesh screen was a bit fiddly to clean, it does come with a brush to scrub it and it looks like a bottle brush, but again I think this would be easier with soft fruits that aren't as fleshy/meaty as tomatoes.

Hope this helps :D Happy to answer any questions.
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.