:roll:
I knew I liked this one for a reason!
:lol:
I'm in area 1
BadgerSE

Re: Knives/ Machete's with holes in the blade

Post by BadgerSE »

Thanks for the replies, gang.

So what I am basically getting from this is at best they might be used semi-practical for hanging up the blade, or reducing suction/ bending wire etc but mostly, actually it's just for show and looks with no 'real' certified added benefit.
“Tough times don't last, tough people do, remember?”

Area 3
featherstick

Re: Knives/ Machete's with holes in the blade

Post by featherstick »

Worse than useless, in that they can trap gunk and dirt and need extra cleaning.

I had a very nice German lock-back which was a favourite blade for general use on the allotment or out shooting. I stupidly managed to break the blade so sent it off to the manufacturer for a quote on replacement. Well I was very surprised and pleased to receive it back in the post with a new blade - no charge! (I made a small donation to the German Red Cross on their behalf). However the thumbnail cut-out had been replaced by a rectangular slot the complete thickness of the blade. This didn't make opening any easier but made cleaning a lot more difficult as well as seeming to attract huge amounts of pocket-fluff and general crud. The knife quickly fell out of favour and I don't know where it is now.