Small things that make life easier

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Decaff

Re: Small things that make life easier

Post by Decaff »

mushroom wrote:I've really been concentrating on the small bits & pieces recently (for that read obsessed!)... recent purchases have been:

Tweezers
Wet wipes (in car glove box) & hand sanitizer
Small pen for key ring
Sachets of honey and peanut butter (for hiking / BOB / when handy quick energy boost is needed)
Ooohhhh where do you get sachets of peanut butter from??? :shock:
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

Decaff wrote:
mushroom wrote:I've really been concentrating on the small bits & pieces recently (for that read obsessed!)... recent purchases have been:

Tweezers
Wet wipes (in car glove box) & hand sanitizer
Small pen for key ring
Sachets of honey and peanut butter (for hiking / BOB / when handy quick energy boost is needed)
Ooohhhh where do you get sachets of peanut butter from??? :shock:

Yes, it took me a while to track those down..! 'Pip & Nut' make them - you can find them on Fleabay or some heath food websites. They're not exactly cheap (come in boxes of 5 sachets) for the amount of peanut butter you get, but then I suppose it's paying for the convenience. I think they're really useful!
Captain Darling

Post by Captain Darling »

Glowsticks. I can get them free from work, so I really take the Michael.

I have a few red/blue/green and yellow hi/orange ultra at the top of each pack, bag or kit that I have in case (for whatever unlikely reason) I don't have a torch on me.
Cutting, combustion, cordage, container, cover.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Captain Darling wrote:Glowsticks. I can get them free from work, so I really take the Michael.

I have a few red/blue/green and yellow hi/orange ultra at the top of each pack, bag or kit that I have in case (for whatever unlikely reason) I don't have a torch on me.
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

Sachets of peanut butter sounds good! I like the idea of almond butter and things like that too. I'll have to do some googling.

I consider food, high calorie, savoury and high protein snacks a vital part of my EDC. Food and drink is something that I need more regularly than anything else and I save a small fortune by being prepared with snacks. Usually I've just got lidl snack bags of seed and nuts in my bag, but really, I need more options. They get boring.
I love motorcycles like a fat guy loves cake. I also love cake.
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

Deeps wrote:
Captain Darling wrote:Glowsticks. I can get them free from work, so I really take the Michael.

Hahahahahahaha!
I love motorcycles like a fat guy loves cake. I also love cake.
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

dangerman wrote:Sachets of peanut butter sounds good! I like the idea of almond butter and things like that too. I'll have to do some googling.

I consider food, high calorie, savoury and high protein snacks a vital part of my EDC. Food and drink is something that I need more regularly than anything else and I save a small fortune by being prepared with snacks. Usually I've just got lidl snack bags of seed and nuts in my bag, but really, I need more options. They get boring.
'Pip & Nut' also do sachets of Almond Butter & and one which I think is Almond Butter with Coconut.

I've also just spent a small fortune on this website (a one off treat which I've been trying to justify to myself :lol: )... lots of great healthy American snacks - jerky bars etc - also great for the same kind of use. Postage is £11.00 though :shock: :shock: :shock: I'll let you know if it's worth it when my order comes through! Although to be fair the prices of the products are very good!

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/c-472-health-foods
FlashPan

Post by FlashPan »

Large and small nail clippers.

Could be considered a luxury but I think a good necesity
Gordon's Alive!?
Captain Darling

Post by Captain Darling »

Deeps wrote:

Now, now. I did say it was unlikely :-P
Cutting, combustion, cordage, container, cover.
Jaeger48

Post by Jaeger48 »

FlashPan wrote:Large and small nail clippers.

Could be considered a luxury but I think a good necesity
I have a pair in my work bag, possibles bowl on my desk, and EDC bag.