Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
hobo

Re: Bulk Mylar/Oxy Absorbers Purchase

Post by hobo »

I'm still in for oxy absorbers :)
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

itsybitsy wrote:I'm just bumping this once more as we've got some new members who may be interested. There wasn't enough interest last year to go ahead with the buy, unfortunately, but with a few more takers we can make it happen. :)
BUMp
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
Blackfriar

Post by Blackfriar »

Hi itsy,
Are you planning one of these group buys in the near future at all? If so, do you have any idea when?
Cheers
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Blackfriar wrote:Hi itsy,
Are you planning one of these group buys in the near future at all? If so, do you have any idea when?
Cheers
Hi, sorry, I've just seen this.

if enough people are interested and it's worthwhile doing then I will get onto it, but it's not worth doing it for 50 bags and 10 oxygen absorbers.

Anyone else interested?
hobo

Post by hobo »

Interested in absorbers.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

hobo wrote:Interested in absorbers.
That's a shock. :lol:
hobo

Post by hobo »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Deeps wrote:
hobo wrote:Interested in absorbers.
That's a shock. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

I might as well ask here, I'm getting curious about the oxy absorbers, what's the craic ? Are they reusable, do they have a shelf life kind of stuff. How often can you go in and out of a container with one in it.

The reason I'm asking is that I've got stuff that is getting 'old' and I'm starting to think about shelf life, this prepping thing isn't as simple as I first thought. :shock:
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Deeps wrote:I might as well ask here, I'm getting curious about the oxy absorbers, what's the craic ? Are they reusable, do they have a shelf life kind of stuff. How often can you go in and out of a container with one in it.

The reason I'm asking is that I've got stuff that is getting 'old' and I'm starting to think about shelf life, this prepping thing isn't as simple as I first thought. :shock:
They are single use and as far as I know(but do your own research) do not have a shelf life BUT must be stored in the corret manner (ie vac sealed or in an airtight container)

I use them in kilner jars full of stuff that I know are going to be stored unused for more than 6 months. Once you open the jars,they will keep work for a while in jars that you use, but quickly lose their efficacy, but then once I start using stuff it doesn't really matter.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon