Schrade Green Linerlock

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
metatron

Schrade Green Linerlock

Post by metatron »

I was browsing the muched loved http://www.heinnie.com/ the other day, as I wanted to buy my brother inlaw a mutitool as a birthday gift and I saw the Schrade Green Linerlock on sale for under £8, so I thought I'd get one for myself, as it looked nice with its choice of handle.

My first impressions were, it felt nice in the hand and the aluminum handle had enough grip, good lockup and centering on the blade with no play, the pocket clip is deep carry, which is how I like it and the choice of blade material (9Cr18MoV), thickness and liner lock is fine for most everyday uses, but probably not something you want to take out to the woods and start batoning with.

Downsides, it's not super sharp on delivery (easy to fix) and it's quite stiff to open, so you can't just open it with a flick of the wrist.
Image Image
butterbean

Re: Schrade Green Linerlock

Post by butterbean »

looks good, does it hold the edge well once made super sharp?
success leads to complacency, complacency leads to failure. Only the Paranoid survive!!
metatron

Re: Schrade Green Linerlock

Post by metatron »

butterbean wrote:looks good, does it hold the edge well once made super sharp?
Well 9Cr18MoV is similar to 440C, so it holds a reasonable edge, but its easy to sharpen. Basicly if you are using it to cut carpet all day, you are going to need to sharpen it afterwards, but if its doing things like cutting rope, food, making traps, garden jobs, it will hold an edge well.