Aldi Axe

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
The-Mendologist

Aldi Axe

Post by The-Mendologist »

A while ago it was mentioned about some axe's available from Aldi, well i sent her indoors out to get me one of each.
I used the larger of the two this afternoon for splitting some wood for the log burner, well i have to say i am impressed by the quality and the head seems just the right weight. No vibration up the shaft either.
Just thought you folks would like the heads up if they come round again, things from both Aldi and Lidl usually do go full circle.
butterbean

Re: Aldi Axe

Post by butterbean »

good mention,

the axes are back in this coming thursday in aldi, along with sledge hammers and the log splitters
success leads to complacency, complacency leads to failure. Only the Paranoid survive!!
The-Mendologist

butterbean wrote:good mention,

the axes are back in this coming thursday in aldi, along with sledge hammers and the log splitters
Really!

I was only saying to her indoors yesterday that i could do with a new sledge.

Im just going over the other side for a few minutes to have a squint at the website.
The-Mendologist

Yes, rock on.

Will have to send her indoors out on a little excursion.

They also have an electric log splitter too, might take out some of the back ache.

You have got to see the outside tap cover, if you look at the tap there is no pipe feeding it!!! What are they like.

Well spotted Butterbean, plus one to you.
butterbean

Post by butterbean »

ive always got my eyes on the app for aldi and lidl, i pass them both on the way to work so when theres a day with something i want im there for doors opening 8am sharp, gotta make sure i get hold of the stuff.

i got the sledge hammer from lidl the other month, ive used it a couple of times and its pretty decent.

i wouldnt mind the electric splitter but cant justify the cost right now, im just going to pick up a couple of the spikes and see how that goes.
success leads to complacency, complacency leads to failure. Only the Paranoid survive!!
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Mrs Deeps has just forwarded they email from Aldi's, with a text saying "guess where we're going on thursday". I'll be making the astute financial investment in a shiny new axe. :D

If the budget can stretch I'll get the sledgehammer too.
Wales1

Post by Wales1 »

No axes in our local Aldi, but they do have the 2 tonne puller/winch device for £9.99. I got one last year, havent used it yet but can see a multitude of uses for it.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/2-ton-h ... ch-1500706
butterbean

Aldi Axe

Post by butterbean »

I bought the power puller last Sunday, it's a 1tonne tho, they didn't advertise any 2 tonne 1's in any of the aldis round here or on the app. It seems decent enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The-Mendologist

Wales1 wrote:No axes in our local Aldi, but they do have the 2 tonne puller/winch device for £9.99. I got one last year, havent used it yet but can see a multitude of uses for it.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/2-ton-h ... ch-1500706
Link

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/t ... emium-axe/
butterbean

Post by butterbean »

i have the axe.

picked up the axe and a log splitter after work on the way home, cant wait to play.