New EDC rucksack

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Yorkshire Andy

New EDC rucksack

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Locally i go everywhere by bike (no point in burning fuel if i dont need to ) for a while ive been using a tog 24 DEVIL 25L rucksack

But it lacks the Be seen point on a bike its ok putting a high vis jacket on but then to cover the back with a rucksack defeats the object....

so step forward my latest Manly man bag.....

http://www.thesafetysupplycompany.co.uk ... M6r52isUmR

2 large pockets with some deviders and pen holders and a padded pouch which will take a small tablet..... and a side pouch and zipped pocket plus phone holder on the strap...

bright orange or yellow with 50mm reflective bands coupled with a quick release / anti snag shoulder strap set up which releases either by the snap buckles or by yanking the sternum strap firmly incase you need to get away from the bag quickly or you become snagged on something.... Tried it with some weight in the pack and once yanked the stirnum strap comes free of both shoulder straps and the bag drops off your back in less than a second.....

when yanked the press stud becomes undone...

then the stiff fabric tap pulls clear of the D ring and triangle ring

then the strap fully releases

Living in a industrial area it doesn't get a second glance especially if wearing a high VIz jacket..

So been the orange / yellow man is the new grey. That and the biggest daily risk is been hit by a partially sighted driver it makes sense to me to stand out
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
pseudonym

Re: New EDC rucksack

Post by pseudonym »

Nice one. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
moocher

Post by moocher »

Looks good,I just grabbed a Lowepro slingshot camera bag brand new still with tie on zip,for £3.99 in local charity shop. All internal dividers are velcroed ,so just removed them all. :D
Third-Degree-Witch

Post by Third-Degree-Witch »

You couldn't loose that if you tried ;)
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

Perfect your not PTS are you ?
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

No Im not PTS although i see the rucksack is PTS complient

GO/RT 3279 & EN 471.

To be honest i didn't realise it was quick release till i loaded it with shopping and pulled on the stirnum strap to snap them together and a weeks worth of meat plus other shopping in the bag quickly met the market floor :lol:

Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Well bit of an update it lugs my pack up to work for the past three or so years it's fading so is not as bright as it once was.. but all the zips still work ..

Use the phone pouch on the strap as a first aid cat bleeding kit got gloves / mini torniquet and large hse dressing crammed in. Always to hand etc

Worst attention it's drawn was some racist Muppet telling me to go back to Poland .... (Many of the eastern European workers gather in groups awaiting agency mini busses to take them to work all seem to be in high vis... So I swore at him in polish which got the attention of a big group of eastern European workers then in broad Yorkshire repeated it in English ....

Been a good bag for £20 and still had lots of life left in it
IMG_20180518_223411073.jpg