poppypiesdad

Re: car safety hammer.

Post by poppypiesdad »

tanstaafl wrote:
poppypiesdad wrote:Less than a £5 at screwfix

http://m.screwfix.com/details.htm?id=48101&csnbl=1

Cheaper if you buy more

J

Cheers, £2 on amazon, but are they any good, have they got to be tested to any standard etc.
They are alright , but the bonus if you can get into a screwfix branch see it in person before you buy .

J
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
FEISTY

Post by FEISTY »

Briggs 2.0 wrote:If I may just take this back to the original post, please, please, please all of you carry a safety hammer or similar device. The ugly side of my day job is accident investigation and....well...just get a safety hammer with belt cutter this weekend if you haven't got one already.
I've had one for years, sitting in the driver's door compartment, because I had an accident on black ice which left me hanging in the seatbelt for nearly an hour (after I came too) and only the farmer spotting me in his brother's field (I went sideways through the conifer hedge and took the whole lot with me), got me out. I did manage to open the non-electric window and haul myself up enough to release the seatbelt eventually, but the farmer opened the boot and I crawled out that way. I sometimes have nightmares that I've gone off the road, into the river and I can't get the kids or myself out. Self defence never entered my head, but now that you mention it ... I've also just realised that I should attach it to something, otherwise it could end up out of reach if the car turned over.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Yep, theres a technical term for loose items in a rolling car....... Missiles.
I once rolled a car with scythe in the back, according to the guy who was on the rear seat the only thing going through his mind was "Oh sh*t, thats gonna take my head off if it hits"

Make sure that an escape tool can be reached from all seats.
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Briggs 2.0 wrote: While I was on the edcgear website I noticed this http://www.edcgear.co.uk/ProductDetails ... ode=BOP310. I'm quite tempted to add this to my key-ring.

Not at that price :shock: , I have this one , good bit of kit for under £4 https://www.fasttech.com/p/1552000
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

Under £4 but not with postage & packing from the state's .
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

poppypiesdad wrote:Under £4 but not with postage & packing from the state's .

Free P&P :D just gotta select the free shipping option.............

Weird just noticed we joined the exact same date..... :tinfoil
aldhelm

Post by aldhelm »

Found this today and just figured I should let everyone know, I've already got one so I haven't checked it out so I don't have a clue about the quality etc but at this price it's got to be worth a punt

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/emergen ... aily%2BHot
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

looking through that forum came across this picture. it appears they are AA brand

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.