calor gas bottle

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
debbor

calor gas bottle

Post by debbor »

hello ,
prepping for bad weather , and civil unrest.

I have decided to get some backup fuel , does anyone have a 15kg empty calor gas bottle to sell me in east Yorkshire, this should see me (when refilled) through most situations.
just picked up a 2 ring camping stove from go outdoors , £15 what a bargain ..
http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/hi-gear-eco ... ve-p142450

my prepping journey has begun.
Yorkshire Andy

Re: calor gas bottle

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

I don't have one to sell debbor however if you have a bike scour the farm lanes on the outskirts of town you'll likely find one dumped ;)

I use BOC in Goole for work they do ennergas which is a local supplier based in Hull who don't charge for the bottle just the gas

If you are traveling calor is great but you pay a premium for the convenience of UK wide exchange

Another option is the refillable bottles which you can fill at any autogas pump at most big petrol stations but they start at about £100

Be aware you will need a specific regulator 15kg calor use a click on type the 13kg (immsmc) red propane use a reverse threaded bolt on regulator
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Hoipoloi

Post by Hoipoloi »

At one time the local council tip were glad to give you a bottle in exchange for a bag of sugar and some tea bags. Nowadays (by me anyway) they tell me it's against regulations to give them to joe public.
Maybe worth a try in your area.
My prepping consists of bugging out by bicycle so any comments are likely to be based on that scenario.
preparedsurrey

Post by preparedsurrey »

Hi, go to a local skip place, they'll have a pile of bottles that get dumped into skips, they're always glad to get shut of them, failing that your local council tip will have a gas bottle section, tell them your other half brought your one down earlier by mistake and can you please please please have it back.
These will almost always be empty BUT you might get lucky and get one with a decent amount of gas in it.
If guns are outlawed then only the outlaws will have guns....
debbor

Post by debbor »

great info people, thank you
bob the builder

Post by bob the builder »

If you know anyone in the fire service speak nicely to them as they get them dropped off at the station now and then cause people don't know how to dispose of them propperly we used to get some through a parent for the scouts this way. Also try freecycle/gumtree another option if you were closer to paisley my troop is reducing the number of gas cylinders we have by emptying and swapping for a donation to troop funds
Not planning for the end of the world just to survive till normality resumes, while sticking to the scout moto be prepared!

Still considering do I want to survive the end of the world or deck chair on the front lawn with a cold beer?
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

I managed to acquire about fifteen of these bottles when I won an auction on eBay. Turned out that a few of them still had gas in. Win!

I exchanged a few of them for the tiny ones for storage capacity reasons. Some I still have empty and a couple I exchanged for the 15kg butane and 13kg propane. I also managed to get a couple of empty flo gas cans that I exchanged just in case. It's nice to have a variation of canisters because all the valves are different.
I love motorcycles like a fat guy loves cake. I also love cake.
aldhelm

Post by aldhelm »

This might sound like a dumb question, but alternate cooking supplies were something I never really considered before coming on here. Apart from a hexi stove for camping, I never gave it a thought until now.

Do the calor gas etc refills have a use by date or do they just last as long as the seal on the valve?
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

aldhelm wrote:This might sound like a dumb question, but alternate cooking supplies were something I never really considered before coming on here. Apart from a hexi stove for camping, I never gave it a thought until now.

Do the calor gas etc refills have a use by date or do they just last as long as the seal on the valve?

The bottles certification lasts 10 years we have a few we rotate due to campin . i was given 3 camping gas 907 bottles by a old chap who gave up caravanning think he just wanted shut of them having bought one for camping in Europe I wasn't turning them down :-D
http://m.cotswoldoutdoor.com/camping-ga ... lsrc=aw.ds

OK they are smaller and more expensive to refil but they are easier to Cary and been smaller easier to store and in my eyes safer as they hold less gas
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine