poop / toilet paper

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
ojiu0u4

poop / toilet paper

Post by ojiu0u4 »

Hi,

Interesting subject line I know, but we all do it, and we will never be able to carry around enough double quilted whether BI or BO. So my thought on our rainy island was to keep several toweling type items / flannels like my mum used when I was a lot younger. Given we have access to water to wash, and nitrile gloves. Is this a good solution to accommodate this function without resorting to vegetation that can be washed and reused.

I know it is kind of yuck, but many of us have had infants and this just seems like a practical / sustainable solution, and maybe as a dog owner I am so used to picking up his poop the hands on aspect of washing my own does not gross me out too much.

Any thoughts is this a dumb idea to facilitate wiping and hygine?
Area 9
Plymtom

Re: poop / toilet paper

Post by Plymtom »

Not a one to miss an opportunity to lower the tone :lol: Ron Hood (RIP) the survivalist used an ass rag as he called it, sure even washed it has a degree of grossness about it and yet what can you do, what did we do before TP ? I remember the bog at my dad's old butchers shop had newspaper sliced into useable size sheets and hung on a meat hook, and what about the stuff that looks like greaseproof paper ( san izel I think it was called) and felt like you were wiping your bum on a hedgehog? we simply must have used vegetation or rags ( when we started bothering to wipe at all) TP is a modern invention, probably one of the first steps along the way to a throw away society and the last I would want to revert back to the old ways on, but travelling light and maintaining a level of comfort an ass rag it would be for me ;)

On a side not TP is relatively light and We have extensive stock of it in our loft, we could not store water or tinned food to last as long as our TP would anywhere in the house, least of all the loft :)
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

If you have any Izal toilet paper best to stick on ebay rather than your bum and use the profits to buy soft paper
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from= ... 1&_ipg=100

The Romans used a sponge on a stick which would be a possibility as would using scrap paper , moss or rags just don't put it down the toilet , put it on the compost heap.
aldhelm

Post by aldhelm »

Just an interesting bit of trivia about TP.

I'm sure I read the other day that it was 1934 before they could advertise it as splinter free, it's come a long way :)
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

Holy S##t , how much . :shock:
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

Left hand and a water jug. Good hygiene practices needed, buy soap, not toilet paper.
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

OMG we used to use izal as tracing paper as kids, that stuff is not fit for wiping anyone's backside... :shock:

No way would I use flannels either, for me it would have to be moss or leaves. I am so glad I have huge stocks of soft paper all stored away!
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

You could do what they do it in the middle east

Right hand for eating and greeting
Left hand for dirtier jobs if you get my drift , that's why it's so offensive to offer your left hand to shake , and of course that's why they cut the right hand off of bad people.

J.
Be Prepared.
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

I would vote for having lots of antibacterial soap at hand. You wash your backside with soap and water in the shower, so whats wrong with washing it with soap and water after using the "bathroom"? It may take more time and you need to have a good few towels on hand to do the drying, but towels can be washed and dried in whatever way you wash and dry towels and thats that.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

But what if no water for shower, no pressure for shower , or your in the middle of a Forrest with no water,however if your are in a forrest you could always use a grey squirrel.
Be Prepared.