Just Tents

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
sethorly

Re: Just Tents

Post by sethorly »

<deleted due to op sec ;P >
Last edited by sethorly on Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
=======
Plymton wrote:Klingon ass scratcher
=======
Area 8
=======
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

dangerman wrote:
Deeps wrote:
dangerman wrote:I buy cheap tents and I've never been made to regret my decisions yet. Here are my two tents - I've not pitched the Arpenaz yet, but tomorrow I'll video myself doing it and put it on youtube. I'll leave it up for a few days to make sure I'm happy to use it for my trip in a couple of weeks to Shropshire.

The Soloista is a fantastic little thing, just a little too small for all my motorbike kit. Even though I could do it at a push.

£20 for the Soloista and £30 for the Arpenaz btw. :)
Where are you on Youtube mate, I'll take a look. I've got massively into watching all sorts of stuff on Youtube, both 'zombie' and 'normal', I've been watching an old 70's programme I mind from a kid up until V early this morning, back to zombies now. ;)
I default to watching old sketches from the fast show or monty python when bored. But I do enjoy EDC videos as long as it's not just middle aged hillbillies dressing up as army men.

Here's the vid of when I first bought the Soloista. It goes up really quick and easy. I'll do the same type of vid for the new one tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUPSWNg-syI
Cheers bro, I'll give it a watch tonight.
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

What a total utter bastard of a tent to put up that Quechua one is. Spent ages battling the wind and farting around trying to get the flysheet on properly. In the end I didn't do to, it's not on right. But in reality I'll be wanting to start drinking whisky after about twenty minutes on the camp site so I've left it up to see if it leaks after a half arsed pitch.

Think I might return it after this trip away, don't think I'll want to be bothering with all this faffing in the wind every time I go away for a few nights.
I love motorcycles like a fat guy loves cake. I also love cake.
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

dangerman wrote:What a total utter bastard of a tent to put up that Quechua one is. Spent ages battling the wind and farting around trying to get the flysheet on properly. In the end I didn't do to, it's not on right. But in reality I'll be wanting to start drinking whisky after about twenty minutes on the camp site so I've left it up to see if it leaks after a half arsed pitch.

Think I might return it after this trip away, don't think I'll want to be bothering with all this faffing in the wind every time I go away for a few nights.
I saw your earlier post and you seemed happy so I didn't want to say we had one and sent it back because it was useless. It was supposed to be an easy pitch design but the thing was hardly that. We got a full refund.
Off-Grid & Living Outdoors
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

Hahahaha! Thanks for the heads up mate.

I'll get this camping trip out of it and if it's a success then I'll use it again next summer. If not I'll just take it back. There is a Quechua that's similar to the Vango Banshee 300 that I might swap it for.
I love motorcycles like a fat guy loves cake. I also love cake.
BlinkingCory

Post by BlinkingCory »

Does anyone have any experience of the Vango Scimitar 200?
http://www.sportsdirect.com/vango-scimi ... ent-783455
There's very little info online.
As far as I can see it's a renamed Tempest 200?
I ask because a mate who has been wild camping with me a couple of times (borrowing a tent of mine) wants to do it more this year, with his own tent.
Before I put my foot in my mouth and direct him to this......?
Thanks
BlinkingCory

Post by BlinkingCory »

Well, my pal bought one.
He's had it up in his garden for two days.
I had a look today and seems great.
Ideal 1 man tent.
Little porch area big enough for Bergen and boots and to cook in.
I've used a Banshee 200 a lot, my 1st impression of the Scimitar is that it's more functional.
shocker

Post by shocker »

I have always had good experiences with Vango tents. The Force 10 was the standard of my youth and early adulthood, too heavy by these days standards though. However Vango do supply tents to NGOs for all weather year round use by refugees. Im not familiar with their tents these days but they have a good rep and are good to deal with if you have problems, Im told.
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***
munchh

Post by munchh »

Does anyone have the Gelert solo?
I could do with the dimentions of the poles please if you do. I have one without poles and need to make some as replacement poles cost more than the tent when its new??🙄
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.