Polish Lavvu Tent

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
DarkArcher777

Polish Lavvu Tent

Post by DarkArcher777 »

Hey Everyone

Saw a Polish Lavvu tent on ForgeCorvus's Sellin stuff thread, and was wondering how many people have one and what are your opinions on them.
I think they look great and really hardy and am thinking of getting one for camping. Would you recommend?

D.A
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, Give a man religion and he will starve to death waiting for God to feed him.

Why are stupid people so fertile?
Sheepster

Re: Polish Lavvu Tent

Post by Sheepster »

Excellent bit of kit, Its heavy and the buttons are a pain to do up but its very quick to erect and its nice and dark inside which I prefer. Loads of room inside and they are very cheap. Love mine definately reccommend one.
DarkArcher777

Post by DarkArcher777 »

Cheers Sheepster definitely going to get one.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, Give a man religion and he will starve to death waiting for God to feed him.

rik_uk3

Post by rik_uk3 »

They are OK but very heavy and not a lot of room in them. I got one for about £15 to try but I gave it away. A better option is something like the Luxe Mini Peak but its more expensive.

Have you come across this company http://www.tarptent.com/double-rainbow.html great product range.
Richard
South Wales UK
Retired, spending the children's inheritance.
Sheepster

Post by Sheepster »

I find it has plenty of room for wildcamping etc and had already stated it was heavy, Darkarcher Best thing to do is look on youtube theres loads of reviews of them and then make your own mind up.
munchh

Post by munchh »

Look on youtube for northwestbushcraft and wiltshireman they both do videos the later does many, I have one and its great, I use it with an adjustable walking pole instead of the pole it comes with as ig makes it easier to put up, but you can also hang it from a tree and do without the pole which gives you more room.it does exactly what you expect old canvas to do.
I like it but im only 5'8"!
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
munchh

Post by munchh »

that was a great nights sleep :D
AREA 3
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
spindrift

Post by spindrift »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j43Ii_64U48

Really good review of one here. Just persevere through the first 30 seconds of photos and stuff and then its all video.
"A mind without purpose will walk dark places"
www.facebook.com/somethingborrowedbykelli
DarkArcher777

Post by DarkArcher777 »

Cheers Guys

Love the photo Munchh looks like a great set up and comfy. i'm only 5'8 too would that be large enough for someone my size?

munchh

Post by munchh »

Put it this way, the 2 army blokes who were supposed to use this would have had to be good mates!
for me on my own and a full size bergan its great, you can sort of adjust the shape, I have seen some people who make it more rectangular, but I just make it as roundcas I can, I know down the line it will be ok for me and one of my boys.

I have looked at many others and I would use a sil/nylon one if I was not having a fire, but if you get the odd spark land on this it will not hurt it.

Also being canvas I was happy to use a candle lantern inside and you would be surprised how that can take the edge off the cold, I wouldnt be happy sleeping with one on in a nylon tent.
AREA 3