Debate- SASS or Arktis?

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Trojanhorse

Debate- SASS or Arktis?

Post by Trojanhorse »

I have SASS kit all from ebay!

But what do people think is best Arktis or SASS?

Does anyone have any experience of both or a preference?
Bulldog

Re: Debate- SASS or Arktis?

Post by Bulldog »

I have used stuff from both, i had an SASS kit carry smock that was great and i have Arktis webbing pouches and chest rig. I havnt tried Arktis clothing so cant comment on there smocks.
Are you happy with the items you have ?
Bulldog

Post by Bulldog »

Northern Raider wrote:Eons ago when I was still in uniform I used both makes, But the early model DPM smocks had p*ss poor stitching and I got sick of resewing bits, so I bought a DPM SAS Smock in IR treatmernt cloth from RADAR in Redcar had it for over 15 years.
NR i have heard similar reports about Arktis smocks.
Trojanhorse

Post by Trojanhorse »

Bulldog wrote:I have used stuff from both, i had an SASS kit carry smock that was great and i have Arktis webbing pouches and chest rig. I havnt tried Arktis clothing so cant comment on there smocks.
Are you happy with the items you have ?
I am very happy with the Kit Karry and SASS Cop Vest I have!
janso

Post by janso »

I have found both very good in the past, but......

I do swerve towards Arktis kit as I have had oodles of it in the past, trialled various bits in the past and its never let me down or oppos who have had it. They are also very good at taking on board special projects or refining existing kit for a different purpose.

If I remember rightly, they instigated the police using vest instead of belt order, I think it was down to the weight carried and the increase of lower back injuries?? Anyways, great kit that has never let me down..... to be fair though, I never used much of their clothing.

The SASS smock was and still is a great item, my only critique about it washow heavy it got and whilst wearing webbing, chest rigs, cop vests, how awkward it could become for access. The smock was ideal though for snipers, who couldnt afford the luxury of webbing as such on their final stalks to firing points.