EDC

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
ForgeCorvus

Re: EDC

Post by ForgeCorvus »

The reason my Bag-Load is closing on GHB territory is because I use public transport.
No car boot and no locker means that my EDC is all I'll have.

And, with the exception of the trama-gear and the ferro-rod, I've used everything in the last year or so.
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
socks90

Post by socks90 »

ForgeCorvus wrote:The reason my Bag-Load is closing on GHB territory is because I use public transport.
No car boot and no locker means that my EDC is all I'll have.

And, with the exception of the trama-gear and the ferro-rod, I've used everything in the last year or so.

I think that's a good way to sort your kit out, if you dont use it often then its got to have a good reason to be there. I think you've nailed it.
Area 2/3

Post by 90. »

I've thinned out my EDC a few times here's my work week day carry without jacket:

wrist watch
bank card
Emergency cash & sheet of blank paper folded and tucked into free card slots in bank card case.
3w AAA led torch
Gerber multi tool
bullet style pen
cash in "secret" slot in belt
car keys with bottle opener & peanut lighter
smart phone
USB drive with info & documents in hidden & encrypted partition. on the open partition I have a "readme" or "fiche" txt document with contact info a passport photo and medical info.

I'm currently looking for a pocket knife as an EDC for the days i'm not wearing my gerber
and will also get a couple more belts made with a money slot when i'm on hols.

regards
Mally

Post by Mally »

It comes down to "pockets" for me. Most of my outer garments have numerous and large pockets. I often wear a fleece under the outer garment too so more pocketd. And I need them! Especially when the seasons are changing and I don't know what the weather is gonna throw at me!
I always carry my swiss army, zippo and ferro rod? I have my wallet with cash and credit and debit cards. I'll have a cap to cover my bald head in hot weather and apart from the hottest months I'll have a thinsulate hat and pair of gloves. I carry hankies and often some toilet paper. I carry paracetamol too, and lozenges. I'll have my phone, keys and always plenty of change. When working I'll have my bag also which generally will have good for the day plus lots os snacks that I couldn't possibly eat in one day, energy tablets, 2 litres of water which I top up as I use it. Depending on weather, I may also have sunglasses, a scarf or even yak t4ax in my pockets. I also carry my reading glasses.
Mally

Post by Mally »

A few typos thereL Should be "food for the day" and "yak trax"
SoCal92057

Post by SoCal92057 »

Preppers in the UK carry a good assortment of items for their EDC. For the most part, this is not done among U.S. preppers. Here in the U.S. EDC is usually in reference to the handgun that is carried. Different country, different laws. Many U.S. preppers do carry a survival bag in their car or truck, but on the person seldom are items more than a firearm, knife, paracord bracelet and wallet.
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. - Thomas Jefferson
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

SoCal, funny you should say that. On the US based sites I go on only it seems only about half the EDC's posted are along those lines..... Although, I'll admit that EDC is quite often used to mean "My CCW weapons only" :?

As far as I'm concerned, if you have a bag with stuff in it (GHB, BoB, BoB-lite, handbag/purse or a belt pouch) or gear in your pockets that you carry every day its an EDC...... Even if its an IPod, a biro and a pack of fags
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
SoCal92057

Post by SoCal92057 »

Preparing in the U.S. is distinctly different from the UK due to differences in population density, laws pertaining to firearms and knives, the size of many middle class private homes and the amount of land they sit upon, the general acceptance of the need to prep for a long term SHTF event and the general distrust of government. Many areas of the country have a long history of floods and disasters without civil unrest, but once the disaster hits regions populated by those who view themselves as victim of the system, civil unrest can result.
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. - Thomas Jefferson
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

True

Horses for courses
butterbean

Post by butterbean »

one thing I'm working on at the minute, which i thought would be handy when i was camping last week, is a paracord belt, thats wrapped around a thin normal belt, i think paracord is so essential to a lot of things, its crazy how much i use it if i have it with me, if i have a full belts worth on me at all times i will be happy, and if i have to use it i can take the belt out the middle so my trousers are still kept up,

if i cant figure out a decent way to make the belt stay inside and not be too bulky then ill just make a standard paracord belt and if i need it ill cut a length off to tie my trousers up.
success leads to complacency, complacency leads to failure. Only the Paranoid survive!!