Tarpaulins,timber and tape

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Brambles

Re: Tarpaulins,timber and tape

Post by Brambles » Thu May 18, 2017 6:19 pm

jansman wrote:
Brambles wrote:This is something we're a bit light on too but we could rustle up a tarp and rope to cobble together a repair. Once funds allow, it wouldn't hurt to put together a GHK (gaping hole kit). :D
Damn! Another acronym!
:lol: :lol:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

We all prep in our own way, the best we can with what we have.

ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus » Sat May 20, 2017 8:54 am

For your windows it wouldn't hurt having plywood pre-cut to the correct sizes (and labeled ) for ease of boarding up..... Just as useful before the fact (hurricane warning), during civil unrest ( "CU" if you're collecting acronyms :lol: ) or after a break-in* or football/glass interface error.

While I have a range of tarps, I store them in the attic :oops:

*Related note: I once secured a door with broken locks by screwing a second set of hinges on the 'open' side, this would also work if it had been forced
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
Tak wrote:"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
CheeseGate :D

Area 4, bordering 5

Brambles

Post by Brambles » Sat May 20, 2017 10:50 am

ForgeCorvus wrote:For your windows it wouldn't hurt having plywood pre-cut to the correct sizes (and labeled ) for ease of boarding up..... Just as useful before the fact (hurricane warning), during civil unrest ( "CU" if you're collecting acronyms :lol: ) or after a break-in* or football/glass interface error.

*Related note: I once secured a door with broken locks by screwing a second set of hinges on the 'open' side, this would also work if it had been forced
Now THAT is a great idea. Simple and effective, thanks. :)
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

We all prep in our own way, the best we can with what we have.

jansman

Post by jansman » Sat May 20, 2017 1:46 pm

ForgeCorvus wrote:For your windows it wouldn't hurt having plywood pre-cut to the correct sizes (and labeled ) for ease of boarding up..... Just as useful before the fact (hurricane warning), during civil unrest ( "CU" if you're collecting acronyms :lol: ) or after a break-in* or football/glass interface error.

I do have pre cut boards ready to go.Mainly in case of windows accidentally being broken.Hopefully they will never be needed.
'Yesterday is history,tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift.'
Josephine Burgess.