First Aid Kit for your BOB

How are you preparing
Attack Warning Red

Re: First Aid Kit for your BOB

Post by Attack Warning Red »

southernPrepper wrote:To make cheap oral re-hydration solution add 8 teaspoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of salt to 1 litre of clean water.
Wow! That nugget of information really could save your life. I'll have to make a note of that one - brilliant. I guess it's the salt content that helps most?

Most people, even preppers probably don't have Diarolyte in the house, but WILL have sugar and salt in their cupboards.

Thanks SP!
Carrot Cruncher

Post by Carrot Cruncher »

You're right, excellent bit of info....thanks SP
scoobie

Post by scoobie »

I *still* remember having the water/salt/sugar combination as a child when I was really ill one year... tastes absolutely awful, but works wonders...I've got some diaorlyte at home, and that tastes just the same with a hint of blackcurrant... gross!!
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail - Benjamin Franklin
southernPrepper

Post by southernPrepper »

scoobie wrote:I *still* remember having the water/salt/sugar combination as a child when I was really ill one year... tastes absolutely awful, but works wonders...I've got some diaorlyte at home, and that tastes just the same with a hint of blackcurrant... gross!!
Tastes like ditch water. Get it down them :twisted:
8:1:1 just remember that it's sweet (8) and then sour (1) and not the other way around.