Physical Fitness

How are you preparing
Magz

Re: Physical Fitness

Post by Magz »

Don't think there's any danger of my foot going down a Rabbit hole lol I'l be walking around paved streets up and down a hill.
Damkina

Post by Damkina »

Magz wrote:Whys that? I think it would be a good way of building up endurance it would strengthen the back muscles not to mention losing a few pound in weight.

I watched a diet program few years back where the woman carried bricks and lost stones.
Apparently, you have to get fit and learn to carry what you need at the same time. Also, it only takes a second for the bricks to move and you've got one sticking in your back and maybe banging into your spine. If you/they were out training on the moors, peaks or hills and you trip, who knows what your bricks are going to hit, ot you land on.

My son has said to ask you only train with the gear you will eventually be adding to a BOB for your own safety.
Magz

Post by Magz »

If I was out on the moors I wouldn't dream of it, I can carry my BOB heavy as it is but I can't walk around the Streets here with it, if I left home from where I live with the full kit every day I'd be committed to the local mental hospital or I'd have every scum teen in the area writing nut job across the front of my house, not to mention the fact I don't want anyone knowing my business, the idea is to add weight regularly to strengthen my back, but I will use bags of flour, I'll weigh the kit against the flour.
Damkina

Post by Damkina »

Ahh! I understand why now. Yes, we've got some of those little sh... Darlings round here too.

Best of luck with it. I doubt that id yet be able to carry a full BOB, I'd end up like a bloody turtle on my back spinning in a circle with my legs up in the air. :roll:

But I'm doing better than I did in October anyway.
Magz

Post by Magz »

I don't have the best of backs had a protruding disk which could pop back out at any time also Arthritis in the lumber region, I'm ment to walk 3-5 miles a day and do exercise to strengthen the muscles. If it was just me I'd have a lot less to carry, but thinking of bugging out with a 12 year Daughter I'm trying to take as much stuff as possible to make life a bit more comfortable for her, the plan is to get out fast before the sheeple and drive to my BOL but I need to be fit enough case I can't take the car.
Last edited by Magz on Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damkina

Post by Damkina »

Oh, painful. I've seen a workmate struggle through the day with a back and disk problem. Make sure your bag is well padded for your own comfort.

My own son is now grown and says he could survive with a washing line, knife and tarp :roll: :D but I'd dread packing a bag for a twelve year old now.
Magz

Post by Magz »

Damkina wrote:Oh, painful. I've seen a workmate struggle through the day with a back and disk problem. Make sure your bag is well padded for your own comfort.

My own son is now grown and says he could survive with a washing line, knife and tarp :roll: :D but I'd dread packing a bag for a twelve year old now.
Exactly! I would need little more then that, knife, tarp, paracord and a few branches of a tree, water purification tabs and fire lighters, mess tin few other bits and away I go lol
lisaloolibell

Post by lisaloolibell »

Ive just started working out again after having my gallbladder removed, I get up at 6.30am and do an hour of aerobics. I also walk the dog for half an hour at lunchtime. Doing the weekly shop and digging the garden at the weekend is good exercise too. Am following quite a low fat diet as well and feel a lot better alreadyhaving lost 5lbs in the first week. Do need to practise carrying my BOB though ive no idea how much it weighs. Did put my handbag on the scales the other day and it weighed 16lbs + really must learn to travel lighter :)
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

O Lisa, you've made me feel guilty now. Sitting on the couch twiddling my feet and putting off moving cos I cant be assed :mrgreen:
Slimslim

Post by Slimslim »

I'm pretty much in agreement with what everyone here has said about fitness! Already started sorting my own personel fitness ..... Although it is in part for when I try selection later this year ;)