Essential skills for a group ?

How are you preparing
Commissum

Re: Essential skills for a group ?

Post by Commissum »

southernPrepper wrote:Very. Can't see the application post SHTF event though. You can vote with a show of hands, bet on a deck of cards and use things of value rather than money.
Yes, true if you are there in person and if there is no need to audit anything later in time, and this would be the most common situation, I guess. I might be too far into the future after a SHTF event in my thinking :?

Mr C.
annieg

Post by annieg »

Anyone familiar with asymmetric encryption, PGP-keys?
Very familiar. Spent 15mths in IT Security for my sins....ngh! :cry:

I notice the closest anyone has come to suggesting a politician would be needed is suggesting a mediator........always new they were a useless bunch... :lol:
Commissum

Post by Commissum »

I agree, Mutualist = Anarchist! Is understanding of group dynamics an essential skill for a group? I think so, but maybe it should be discussed elsewhere.

Mr C.
bommerpaul

Post by bommerpaul »

Hi CC, I have been reading a lot about dentistry, but nobody will let me pratice on them
on a more serious note, think leaning to plant seeds, (open pollenated) and grow veg is a challenge for anyone, in the area i live no one we know has clue about growing veg successfully, this would be my priority of things to learn, which could come in very useful to yourself and others

meanwhile i will keep on working on trying to pull my wifes teeth out
Carrot Cruncher

Post by Carrot Cruncher »

bommerpaul wrote:meanwhile i will keep on working on trying to pull my wifes teeth out
:lol:

Dentistry would definitely be up there in the top skills to have. Growing veg will also be extremely useful and going by my first attempt at growing veg last year it is a lot harder than it looks. I'm hoping for a bit more success this year. Last year the slugs eat more of it than I did
counsellor

Post by counsellor »

Ducks love slugs so you'l have to keep duck as well
the-gnole

Post by the-gnole »

The ability to adapt, that is a critical skill in a post event world. If we can't adapt we won't survive :mrgreen:
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I already replied in here but I was thinking today (well I do sometimes)... I think the ability to COPE and make the best of things, and also having a positive mindset and attitude.
My OH and my daughter cannot think outside the box. If they need - say- a laundry bin then they cant do the washing until they get one. I'd use an Ikea bag and they would say "oooh I never thought of that". Very rigid minds :shock: And they are both very negative downbeat people, I canny be doing with that, it drags you under. The importance of maintaining morale would be enormous.