GHB or not?

How are you preparing
Attack Warning Red

GHB or not?

Post by Attack Warning Red »

Removed most items from my GHB at work. Will be taking this home as I'm away on holiday next week, and as my workspace is being redecorated soon, don't want my bag found/compromised.

'While we were redecorating, we found this rucksack hidden behind your chair with odd stuff in it!' :lol:

Having a complete rethink on my GHB. Thinking long and hard as whether to condense it down and combine it with my EDC in my daily rucksack.... or keep it as a GHB at work. I carry a fair bit of stuff in my EDC already, which would get me home in a situation.

I'm starting to favour having my kit with me at all times, rather than a GHB, but of course weight is an issue.

Any thoughts?
WhiteWolf

Re: GHB or not?

Post by WhiteWolf »

I see your location is outer London, so ......

Do you travel by car or the public transport system (PTS)?

If PTS are there any items in your GHB that could get you nicked?

If your GHB is in work, what happens if things go the shape of the pear on your journey home?

Or even the journey in to work?

My EDC contains enough kit to get me the 8 miles home (It could do with a sort out but it works)

SWMBO carries a full GHB, but she travels 30miles to then from work by 4x4 evrey day.

My suggestion would be to expand your EDC but to much so you get p'ed off carrying the extra weight.

WW 8-)
Attack Warning Red

Post by Attack Warning Red »

Thanks WW.

I work in central London, but live about 15 miles outside it (thank goodness). I travel in on public transport, and then cycle across London from the station.

There's a small penknife ( < 3" ) in the GHB currently, but that's all changing. I don't want to be carrying any kind of knife in London really.

TBH, I've had that thought you mention of 'what if something happened on the journey' too. I kind of hope/expect something to happen WHILE I'm at work, which is of course irrational.

You're convincing me to concentrate more on my EDC. Thanks!
WhiteWolf

Post by WhiteWolf »

You're welcome mate

Just remember.......

If it's a chore to carry it, it won't be long before you're leaving it, "Just this once" :(

WW 8-)
Carrot Cruncher

Post by Carrot Cruncher »

If I had a choice I would do both, expand your EDC so that you are comfortable with it and also still have extra kit in your GHB which is left at work. That way if something happens while you are at work you still have the option of the EDC, GHB, or both.
bigpaul

Post by bigpaul »

I would have thought if you are going to carry anything it should be in a EDC, with you permanently, not left at work"just in case", i dont carry one myself as i dont have that kind of lifestyle and anything i want is IN the car!