Phase 2

How are you preparing
Damkina

Re: Phase 2

Post by Damkina »

CC, that programme was definitely worth viewing. Not a lifestyle I'd like, but it takes all sorts to make a world.

If the SHTF, where are their preps kept? Yes they can live in those caravans in all weathers, but there isn't anywhere to store extras, they would probably be like all the other survivors scrounging for whatever they can find and have all those extra family members to help them take it.
Carrot Cruncher

Post by Carrot Cruncher »

I know what you mean, some of their attitudes (to women in particular) were very different from what is the norm in most other areas.

It was more the way that they lived outside of society to a certain extent already, the large extended families which means the elderly/unwell etc would be looked after, large enough in number to help security wise, and with good links to other groups around the country. All things that would concern us now if tshtf. Like you say, they will probably be scavenging with the rest of us after any event and I expect they would be better at it and more organised than most of us.
Damkina

Post by Damkina »

Some of them are pretty nifty at it too. We used to have a citron saxo, only problem is the spare tire is kept underneath the car. We went out for a meal at a pub and my husband decided to just go back out and check he'd locked the car.

Turns out there was a gypsy camp further up the road and they'd been thieving all round the area. They'd already nabbed the spare in the ten/fifteen minutes before he went out to check the lock :evil:
bigpaul

Post by bigpaul »

Real gypsies keep all their money in gold( bling if you like), next time you see a gypsy look at how much gold jewellery they are wearing!