No water

How are you preparing
Oldarborman

Re: No water

Post by Oldarborman »

I think that it's different we're you live in towns and cities the water would run out quicker, I live in a rural area with becks and stream around wich would give us a big advantage
AREA 10
st3vi3

Post by st3vi3 »

ForgeCorvus wrote:
st3vi3 wrote:After 60 days of water sitting static, can it be used? Or how long before it can't be used?
Water doesn't go 'off', as long as its pure when you put it into sterile containers.

However, the slightest contamination can give the nasties a toehold. So you need to store the cleanest water possible airtight and lightless in the cleanest containers possible.

Use a good sanitiser and cleaner (look in the home-brewing section) and run your tap until you can smell chorine.

BTW. If water just sits, the suspended oxygen (or other gases) will get out (in the same way that fizzy drinks go flat....Can't remember the posh word for it ATM). This means the water can have an unpleasant 'taste' (not really a flavor, what you're detecting is the absence of something. In the same way that unseasoned food tastes bad), you need to get some air back into it (shake it up in a half full bottle or pour it from container to container a couple of times)
Glad you told me that, I understand. Always thought it went off but never understood how if nothing was getting at it... Unless it's already in there as you say.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Oh, and you know the BBE dates on bottled water..... Why?

(I'm not going to go there with the whole bottled water thing...I'll save that rant for another day ;) )
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
st3vi3

Post by st3vi3 »

I guess to keep them covered or something lol
But if bottle is open then I guess you have a time limit?
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Fastest way to contaminate a bottle of water is to drink straight out of it
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
terrytaylor84

Post by terrytaylor84 »

ok so this may sound like a stupid question, but what on earth is a water but????
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Basically any large storage container can be called a butt ( that's with two t's not one) although normally people refer to a barrel sized thing of 30 -90 gallon capacity.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksi ... &_from=R40
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

Do we think she has her water back on ?

j
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.