Gold!

How are you preparing
pseudonym

Re: Gold!

Post by pseudonym »

TeeDee wrote:So anyone have any views or ideas on the various rising global super powers holding onto and amassing large quantity of Gold?

Nations much like individuals are buying, some are selling, both feel they are doing the correct thing.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
jansman

Post by jansman »

TeeDee wrote:So anyone have any views or ideas on the various rising global super powers holding onto and amassing large quantity of Gold?
I think pseudonym summed that up.I would add,if I may,that government has always tried to amass gold/wealth etc.As do individuals.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
TeeDee

Post by TeeDee »

jansman wrote:
I think pseudonym summed that up.I would add,if I may,that government has always tried to amass gold/wealth etc.As do individuals.

Yet as a country we sold off much of our Gold reserves

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sale_of_U ... %80%932002

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-04-1 ... -sold-next

With reference to your comment concerning individuals always amassing Gold/wealth surely the question is more related to what 'wealth' actually is? is it FIAT Currency ? along with the QE thats going on or something more tangible and real .
jansman

Post by jansman »

We have had a period of Government enforced Austerity,and we ain't got a pot to p£ss in as a nation.Gold has been sold off on two notable occasions to fend off economic £hit.The reason for having it in the first place.That Austerity programme was to try and get a few quid back in the pot.

What is wealth? Well that has been discussed here recently,so to keep it short and sweet ; Wealth is a matter of perception.Precious metal and cash works for me.Investments on the stock market works for others. An extensive garden and house owned outright is good for me,but rental properties work for others.

To quote my ever eloquent brother," One man's wombat p#ss is another man' s real ale."
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.