What Preps are you doing this week? Part 8.

How are you preparing
Arzosah

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 8.

Post by Arzosah »

pseudonym - that's a great photo :D
Bosworth wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:06 pm I’m ashamed to say that I just use the remote start or parking climate on the main car. Turns on automatically, defrosts, heats the seats and steering wheel, clears the windows and ready to go! Awful for the environment but god it’s good in winter.

•runs away•
I consider myself pretty deep green environmentally, as these things go, but believe me, if I needed to drive a car first thing in the morning, I'd have all that too!

*runs after Bosworth, waving*
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Bought a couple of oximeters, from a UK seller, from ebay, which I'd stopped considering - I used to sell on there, but last sale by me was back in 2015, yikes. It took a *lot* of trouble to reset my password, I thought it was worth doing. Got a note of it now with everything else.

Cleaning and polishing my shoes may count as a prep :lol: the polish is so old, I couldn't put it on with a brush, I had to rub little chunks over the stitching and spread it out from there :lol:
Appin

Post by Appin »

Strange is a genuine particle.

It is one of six "Quarks" Rejoicing in the names Strange, Up, Down, Top, Bottom and Charmed. Do you need further proof physicists are weird?

Quarks put together in different groups make up the hadrons ( as in large hadron collider). the best known hadrons are protons and neutrons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark

Yes I have read a Brief History of time by Stephen Hawking, I do have a science background as well as NHS before I retired. A colleague is trying to persuade me to do an OU maths degree to keep my brain working. I have always loved physics unlike biology and chemistry the experiments in physics at school always did what they were supposed to do. I had the pleasure of telling my A level physics teacher I had used what he taught me to get a Full Radio Ham licence. He laughed and admitted he was a ham too!
Nurseandy

Post by Nurseandy »

All I can think of is the hawkwind album "quark strangeness & charm" :lol:
peejay

Post by peejay »

Arzosah wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:29 pm
Cleaning and polishing my shoes may count as a prep :lol: the polish is so old, I couldn't put it on with a brush, I had to rub little chunks over the stitching and spread it out from there :lol:
You've just reminded me that my tin of shoe polish is circa 30yrs old! :lol: you can tell it doesn't get used often! :lol:
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

peejay wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:21 pm
You've just reminded me that my tin of shoe polish is circa 30yrs old! :lol: you can tell it doesn't get used often! :lol:
It still works though :mrgreen:
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Arzosah wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:13 am
peejay wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:21 pm
It still works though :mrgreen:
Tried lighting it?
That what I do when its going hard (or to get the last bit in the tin.... I know, I'm tight)
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

ForgeCorvus wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:49 pm Tried lighting it?
That what I do when its going hard (or to get the last bit in the tin.... I know, I'm tight)
Oh, it *is* one of those substances :D thanks for the reminder. And you're not tight, you're environmentally friendly :)
Trojanhorse

Post by Trojanhorse »

It is meant to snow Saturday and Sunday so I will be out in the snow hiking to see how I get on with my GHB etc
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

We the weather man is saying snow for us tomorrow :D

Last walk round the garden picking up random toys and crap.... Car full of fuel ... Winter kit handy .. had to have a friendly snigger at a guy at work who spent £20 on a car dealers "winter emergency kit" which consists of a 350ml bottle of deicer a similar sized bottle of screen wash a cheap mylar blanket and a cheap £1 shop style high vis vest ... Oh and a credit card ice scraper... He didn't like that I told him the contents were worth about £6 and for £20 I would have made him something better

I know one thing wish I'd thought of building a few of these up and flogging them on

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Renaul ... xy79JRgIjV
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine