Drying out flexible PVC hose

How are you preparing
reciloy

Drying out flexible PVC hose

Post by reciloy »

I like to have everything as clean as possible, and I can stand the thought of water droplets remaining in the flexible PVC hosepipe tube that I use.

It is only one metre in length, and it's transparent (so I can see the water droplets, especially when they dry and leave their calcium deposits) and find that if I leave the open ends (which naturally curve like a rainbow) on top of the radiator it takes about two hours to dry, but is there another way ?
ForgeCorvus

Re: Drying out flexible PVC hose

Post by ForgeCorvus »

While there are other ways to dry the inside of a hose (such as pull-thoughs and bore-mops) they all require additional equipment as well as your time and effort.

I hang my siphon up in the conservatory open ends down, the same way as I dry water bladders or plastic bottles.

Maximum effect for minimum effort
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
jansman

Re: Drying out flexible PVC hose

Post by jansman »

I dont quite understand the ' problem ' here. The only hose i worry about is my syphon hose for my brew.I just leave it in a bleach so!ution.Done!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.