Whey Protein Supplements

How are you preparing
Arwen Thebard

Whey Protein Supplements

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Has anyone considered putting some whey protein supplements in their pantry? Does anyone use them at the moment? Do they actually taste anything like the flavor it says on the packet?
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
GillyBee

Re: Whey Protein Supplements

Post by GillyBee »

I have some in stock - unflavoured as I hate all the very artificial tasting flavours. I am trying to use it up and will not buy more unless I can find more successful uses for it.

Having said that, it can be apparently be used as a flour substitute. I tried pancakes which came out too heavy and dry but made an Apple crisp yesterday using 75g of whey protein instead of 75g flour with 125g oats as usual. No one noticed anything different so I would call that a result.
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

We tend to keep a supply of the Quest protein bars as my daughter used to eat them due to her ill health. They are quite a good thing to keep if you consume them anyway from time to time. Their shelf life seems to be about 6 months or there abouts so not a good long term item but still useful in the short to medium term. Loads of flavours such a cookies and cream, smores, blueberry muffin and the like. Not cheep, though we used to buy a few boxes from places like Amazon etc when they were on offer.
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)
Bosworth

Post by Bosworth »

I have about 10 of these chocolatey goodies and 10 of the vanilla cream ones (my wife hates chocolate!):

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Muscle Building and Recovery Protein Powder With Glutamine and Amino Acids, Extreme Milk Chocolate, 71 Servings, 2.27 kg, Packaging May Vary, Packaging May Vary https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000QSTBNS/ ... 4EbQNYERH9

They are quite yummy in their own right, but likely useful if protein becomes scarce.
tco-lincs

Post by tco-lincs »

I've had a few over the years and some certainly taste better than others but I've yet to have any that are "terrible". They go great in overnight oats or in cookies.

Bulk powders have a good range of flavours.