Prexit prepping post covid

How are you preparing
PreppingPingu

Prexit prepping post covid

Post by PreppingPingu »

Now the bank of England is telling businesses to prepared for a no deal Brexit ( https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/b ... spartandhp ) I was wondering if Covid has made a change in how we see things panning out but also how it effects our preps now.

I guess I am thinking that Covid with it's food panic buying and supply hic ups is like a dry run in that, as has been talked about in other threads, it has shown short comings in our personal preparedness levels. I am just wondering if the fall out will be worse now due to the fact that the global economic situation has deteriorated rapidly because of Covid. Or will we be more resilient as we have found the holes in our supply/economics/social situation both at a personal level and at a government level?
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)
diamond lil

Re: Prexit prepping post covid

Post by diamond lil »

Good topic!
BigTonyC

Post by BigTonyC »

I'm going to go for the 'resilience and learned lesson' side of things. If anything, the government will have to be ready because, let us not forget, around the time the supposed no deal Brexit kicks in we could be in the middle of a second (or third) wave of Coronavirus. I think major lessons have been learned during the first wave and will/should stand everyone in good stead.

Just my two pence worth :D
jansman

Post by jansman »

I reckon that Brexit,on top of the coming Depression (capital intended),will be a total clusterfu##.Nissan in Derby has said that No Deal means bye bye UK,basically.Rolls Royce are laying off in thousands too.That will affect my workplace.

March WAS a dry run of shortages and general mahem.

Tonight,Boris declared himself a Sino-Phile ( when questioned about immigrants from Hong Kong) which means he has his nose stuck up China's backside,regardless of human rights,and the fact that all the Covid...won't go there :lol: Plus he won't have an opinion on the POTUS when questioned. We need China and America, regardless of their ,shall we say,indescretions?

Our new allies will be interesting ,to say the least. We are in a mess.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
bobble

Post by bobble »

I agree Jansman, and i think the financial fallout from the virus will be much greater than we've been led to believe. A lot of companies have reached the end of their overdraft facilities and will have to declare bankruptcy. People will be made redundant and wont be able to find another job as most businesses are in the same boat and will be firing not hiring. Brexit will just compound these problems.
As a hedge against possible problems with the supply chain, weve been growing more food in the garden this year, storing extra water, and building up our stores of food and goods. We've also been putting some cash to one side, just in case the banks decide to have a holiday!
korolev

Post by korolev »

A big difference could be that during the panic buying of March/April the supply lines were still open so the supermarkets could fill their shelves. A lot of these goods come from the EU so if there's a no-deal Brexit and there's interruption to the supply lines, the panic buying will set in again but this time resupply will be delayed.
I can foresee it being worse and I don't fancy queueing outside Sainos in the peeing rain just to see empty shelves so I will be boosting my supplies over the next few weeks.