What preps are you going to do after Coruna?

How are you preparing
preppergb

Re: What preps are you going to do after Coruna?

Post by preppergb »

Yup as above if you have a Solar array esp those put in to sell excess power back to the grid ( Smart grids and Local Grids) if the nat grid goes down then so does your array for safety reasons. It must have an Isolator switch setup AND your own battery storage system if you intend to power the whole house .
Rebelprepping

Post by Rebelprepping »

I'm gonna learn to fish for a better meat resupply. Live 2 minutes from a river and haven't caught a fish once
jansman

Post by jansman »

Rebelprepping wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:25 am I'm gonna learn to fish for a better meat resupply. Live 2 minutes from a river and haven't caught a fish once
Ooh you don’t want to do that. Once fishing grabs a’hold of yer, there’s no going back! :lol: You know when it’s got you, ‘cos you end up like me with a shed JUST for fishing kit :oops: :oops:

It will be good when the lockdown eases and we are allowed back to the water again. I haven’t even renewed my rod licence and permits until I know what’s happening.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
cbp125

Post by cbp125 »

Rebelprepping wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:25 am I'm gonna learn to fish for a better meat resupply. Live 2 minutes from a river and haven't caught a fish once
My wife and I took up fishing a few years ago after my son requested it. We got all the kit and had a go, we could barely sit down before pulling another fish from the water...
Last edited by cbp125 on Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jansman

Post by jansman »

cbp125 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:12 pm
My wife and I took up fishing a few years ago after my son requested it. We got all the kit and had a go, we could barely sit down before pulling another fish from the water...

We upset quite a few of the men sat around the lake in full camo with half a van worth of equipment who were not catching anything.

We think it might have been something to do with the bright summer dresses we were wearing attracting the fish as they had obviouly got used to the sight of full camo.

We were "corrected" that it was not just luck or a fluke apprarently we were catching the "wrong type of fish". They were small had scales and a tail, that was fishy enough for us lol
They were the carp ( only) boys. It is a single- minded approach. I have fished for every species on this Isle. I love to fish for anything that comes my way.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Bosworth

Post by Bosworth »

I had a wonderful holiday on the Isle of Mull many years ago, pre-kids. Took the wife fishing with very basic kit. Caught a Coley.

Gutting and cooking it met with vast suspicion from the group we were with...
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I spent all my childhood sea fishing with my dad, he called these podleys. Podleys and mackeral we caught by the ton. I hate fish now, probly childhood overload :mrgreen:
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Ugh, fish is one of the things I just cannot eat, no matter what you do with it, I just can't eat it! The supermarket (after the first "raid" of panic shoppers) only had tinned fish left of the shelves. I left it there, no point in buying it as I know it would never be eaten. I don't eat sea-food either... now as a kid I spent many an afternoon picking winkles from their shells and eating smothered in vinegar with bread and butter, loved to peel prawns and eat them... now just the thought turns my stomach. :( I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that feels like that :lol:
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

No you're not alone. Even crab, I used to love crab. Now it can make me sick just thinking about it :evil: