What preps are you going to do after Coruna?

How are you preparing
Trojanhorse

What preps are you going to do after Coruna?

Post by Trojanhorse »

As always this forum has proved very helpful and I thank everyone who has contributed over the years - I have learnt a lot.

This got me thinking on what I would be doing after the Coruna prep wise and have started a list as an exercise. I would be interested in other peoples thoughts?

Mine are so far:

1) Batteries - I did not get enough
2) Generator- I dont have one
3) Seeds - I did not get enough and I think worth keeping some in reserve over my normal order
4) Dental care kit
5) Water Filters for by water bottles
pseudonym

Re: What preps are you going to do after Coruna?

Post by pseudonym »

Restock

TP
Hand sanitiser
Hand soap
Bleach
Tinned Meats
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Quill

Post by Quill »

On top of general hygiene supplies and more gardening stuff the main one will be pasta

It has been 3+ weeks since I have seen any of it, even lasagna sheet
jansman

Post by jansman »

It will be a general, but deeper restock for me. Not being lazy and replacing stuff immediately! Now we know what a real shtf situation is, I think it will change a few preppers preconceived ideas too, like bug out bags for instance.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
cbp125

Post by cbp125 »

I will be keeping chickens and maybe meat rabbits, those californian rabbits look quite tasty.

I will be stocking far far more flour, gluten free flour has not been seen in ages!!

I will be storing compost, I had never thought that such a basic thing would sell out so fast!
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

cbp125 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:03 pm I will be keeping chickens and maybe meat rabbits, those californian rabbits look quite tasty.

I will be stocking far far more flour, gluten free flour has not been seen in ages!!

I will be storing compost, I had never thought that such a basic thing would sell out so fast!
B&Q are now doing click and collect on compost ;)
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Quill

Post by Quill »

jansman wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:51 am It will be a general, but deeper restock for me. Not being lazy and replacing stuff immediately! Now we know what a real shtf situation is, I think it will change a few preppers preconceived ideas too, like bug out bags for instance.
On the preconceived ideas part - I've found it really interesting how much hostility there has been to people bugging out to second homes or city dwellers moving out to the country, both from the government and the locals.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

- general restock, yes - using several supermarkets. I'm very glad I had the stocks I did - I want the level I had, at the very least.
- more bleach, and more laundry liquid, I'm lucky with the former right now, not so much the latter.
- I'm using a lot of the "free" time right now to set up things in the house more efficiently - that will mean I can do more sprouting, useful house plants will get more space, and a small Anker setup has room to charge.
- I've been playing at some aspects of prepping so far - Deeps has talked about the "hobby" aspects of prepping, and I recognise that completely. No more - being able to isolate effectively can literally be the difference between life and death.
- I'd let problems with the fencing on my borders accumulate - going to get those fixed.
- I don't have any transportation at all - at the very least, I'm going to buy a folding bike.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:50 pm - general restock, yes - using several supermarkets. I'm very glad I had the stocks I did - I want the level I had, at the very least.
- more bleach, and more laundry liquid, I'm lucky with the former right now, not so much the latter.
- I'm using a lot of the "free" time right now to set up things in the house more efficiently - that will mean I can do more sprouting, useful house plants will get more space, and a small Anker setup has room to charge.
- I've been playing at some aspects of prepping so far - Deeps has talked about the "hobby" aspects of prepping, and I recognise that completely. No more - being able to isolate effectively can literally be the difference between life and death.
- I'd let problems with the fencing on my borders accumulate - going to get those fixed.
- I don't have any transportation at all - at the very least, I'm going to buy a folding bike.
You won’t regret a folding bike. I had one custom made years ago, a Brompton. Cost me a lot of money, and whilst I don’t cycle - commute anymore, it has been proper handy at times, especially when combined with public transport. In fact, whilst I have time, I shall drag it out and service it.

Robert Frost.

Me.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Quill wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:42 pm
jansman wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:51 am It will be a general, but deeper restock for me. Not being lazy and replacing stuff immediately! Now we know what a real shtf situation is, I think it will change a few preppers preconceived ideas too, like bug out bags for instance.
On the preconceived ideas part - I've found it really interesting how much hostility there has been to people bugging out to second homes or city dwellers moving out to the country, both from the government and the locals.
Some years back we had a booklet ( the whole country) delivered from government about emergency preparedness. Go in,Tune in, Stay in was the mantra. Sheltering in- place has always been policy ever since Cold War days. Government doesn’t want folks wandering all over the place, and especially now. Having owned a second home up until about ten years ago, I can tell you that locals are quite hostile to you when you are a ‘weekender’. Now I am older and wiser?I understand their dislike. And right now, why would a Norfolk village , for instance, want incomers from that petri- dish we call London?

We are , quite rightly, being told to stay in. For damned good reason! Now the government are considering- because people think it’s ok to barbecue on the beach ‘cos the sun is out- banning EVERYONE from even a dose of daily exercise.

Sadly, our society is inhabited by a lot of very selfish people, to whom the rules ( in their heads ) don’t apply.

Robert Frost.

Me.