Vindicated? Fell away from this site, but not from prepping.

How are you preparing
BugOut66

Vindicated? Fell away from this site, but not from prepping.

Post by BugOut66 »

Hi everyone. I used to frequent here a fair bit but a stressful day job and an (Ever more) energetic toddler got the better of me.

Thankfully though I never fell away from prepping in general. This coronavirus stuff is crazy but thankfully when it started to hit hardest I already had a few months of food (mainly tins) and more than enough toilet roll in my garage stockpile.

I achieved this by simply buying one or two extra tins every time I went to the shops over the past year or so since we got this new house. We also had plenty of hand sanitiser (and still do) because most Sunday’s on the Aldi run I would pick up a wee bottle of it and a pack of paracetamol at the tills and just put them in the stockpile.

I don’t know if this is right or wrong but seeing the panic buying and the “big bang” stockpiling that’s been going on has made me feel totally vindicated. Does anyone else get that? Maybe I’m being an idiot myself but friends and family who mocked me for my preppier lifestyle are now crying over a lack of Heinz beans in the shops.
Decaff

Re: Vindicated? Fell away from this site, but not from prepping.

Post by Decaff »

Same here! Life got far too complicated but I carried on behind the scenes as it were. It does give a boost to the mental health that it was the right thing to do from the very beginning no matter how much I was laughed at and the judgements from others, they sniggers and eyebrow raising and the butt of many jokes. I feel comforted that I did the right thing! 8-)
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
unsure

Post by unsure »

same here , the family that thought i`d gone bonkers , all of a sudden start to think , thats not a bad idea .
apart from shopping for bits and going for my dad ,ive not really done a shop as such . theres really been no need
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
DustyDog

Post by DustyDog »

Again, same here, feel a bit guilty as I’ve not been as active here as I used too. Being a prepper though has been a great and helped make the lockdown and subsequent shopping trips far less stressful as I wasn’t short of anything. I will try n be more active and n the future.
Up in the wet South Lakeland