So what have we learnt?

How are you preparing
jansman

Re: So what have we learnt?

Post by jansman »

I was watching folks just now in Tesco, and what they were buying. They are scared. We had just come from a consultation with my wife’s oncology surgeon, and he was concerned, but not overly. He said that good hygiene will be the key.

Back to the shoppers; I did smile at the combination of things people were buying. They will have some weird meals! One woman got very aggressive in front of us, as she wanted 6 packs of passata, and the limit was 5! The aggression she showed ,reinforced my belief that *if* people got hungry, they will turn nasty. Mind you, she didn’t need to worry, as she was carrying a few more pounds than she should! :lol: Anyhow, the queue of about a dozen trollies was getting agitated now, as ten minutes in to her whining ( I should have filmed it!), my wife told her to “put up and shut up, like the rest of us, isn’t five enough you greedy cow? At that, the crowd murmured similar comments - and then security removed her - with nothing! Interesting morning
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

itsybitsy wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:49 am
jennyjj01 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:47 am I was not trying to be ridiculous. I raised a serious question. But ok. I'll drop it.
Please do. Any further derogatory comments referring to 'sheeple', 'the great unwashed' and the like will be met with a ban. Play nice, or don't play.
Thank you. There are going to be great demands on our civility and solidarity over the next few months.
Cupid_Stunt

Post by Cupid_Stunt »

So far I've learnt that everything I was preparing for is beginning to come to fruition. There was never going to be one single source of issue, but the secondary effects of people being underprepared are obvious in the supermarkets.
If you think this is bad, wait until the delivery drivers start falling ill.....
and in the interim, and speaking as a now small-scale farmer, if my sheep continue to look like sheep, and walk like sheep, I'll continue to refer to them by the human names my kids have given them, and will treat them accordingly.

...if that's alright with everyone on the site, whilst playing nicely, obviously.
Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not all out to get me
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

itsybitsy wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:32 am
Arwen Thebard wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:55 am People will remain in DENIAL for a very long time, regardless of the media hype and govt info / advice. And not just the sheeple, its true of some preppers.
STOP CALLING PEOPLE SHEEPLE.
Sorry Itsy, its a term I've got used to as part of my vocab and today's society. I dont use it in a particularly derogatory way, seems pretty mundane to me frankly, but it wont happen again.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Cupid_Stunt wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:56 pm So far I've learnt that everything I was preparing for is beginning to come to fruition. There was never going to be one single source of issue, but the secondary effects of people being underprepared are obvious in the supermarkets.
If you think this is bad, wait until the delivery drivers start falling ill.....
and in the interim, and speaking as a now small-scale farmer, if my sheep continue to look like sheep, and walk like sheep, I'll continue to refer to them by the human names my kids have given them, and will treat them accordingly.

...if that's alright with everyone on the site, whilst playing nicely, obviously.
FFS. :roll:
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

"my wife told her to “put up and shut up, like the rest of us, isn’t five enough you greedy cow?"

That's a fine woman you have there Jansman. :lol: :D
Arwen The Bard

jansman

Post by jansman »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:36 pm "my wife told her to “put up and shut up, like the rest of us, isn’t five enough you greedy cow?"

That's a fine woman you have there Jansman. :lol: :D
Loveliest, kindest, most compassionate woman you’ll meet. She doesn’t like injustice and poor behaviour though.

Staying on topic, it’s been interesting talking to different people today, ( nice people), and observing those with rather less than good manners, shall we say. What is unfolding as rather a crisis is definitely bringing out polarised behaviour.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

"it’s been interesting talking to different people today, ( nice people), and observing those with rather less than good manners, shall we say. What is unfolding as rather a crisis is definitely bringing out polarised behaviour."

A few short weeks ago we had the same with Leave and Remain I seem to remember. Lets hope it doesnt get that bad again I was kind of enjoying the thought that we might all come together, "like wot did in them good ol days in the wor"

A dream to far I think. :(
Arwen The Bard

dizzydays

Post by dizzydays »

jansman wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:44 am We had just come from a consultation with my wife’s oncology surgeon, and he was concerned, but not overly. He said that good hygiene will be the key.

Did they say anything about cancelling any oncology clinics or appointments? I have one in a couple of weeks..
jansman

Post by jansman »

dizzydays wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:23 pm
jansman wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:44 am We had just come from a consultation with my wife’s oncology surgeon, and he was concerned, but not overly. He said that good hygiene will be the key.

Did they say anything about cancelling any oncology clinics or appointments? I have one in a couple of weeks..
Well: Jan's appointment is 8 April,and government said ' non urgent' surgery will be cancelled after 15 April. Jan will have reconstruction ( psychologically important) but still not important.Surgeon said that ' Low Level ' cancers will also be postponed and relevant drugs prescribed.Cancer treatment is still recognised as important.Don't worry,you will be looked after.

Robert Frost.

Me.