So what have we learnt?

How are you preparing
Arzosah

Re: So what have we learnt?

Post by Arzosah »

It really is, isn't it ... that last line makes me wonder, about the world not being the same in the future.

The Spanish flu of 1918-1919 was almost forgotten for a long time, its only in the last 10-15 years that its come back on the radar - but maybe it had a lot to do with the whole flapper/crazy 1920s, just as much as WWI did? I wonder what the coming decade will look like, if we look back from 2030?
jansman

Post by jansman »

Wow! That was a read.We are living it,just that way.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
omega man

Post by omega man »

moving. :(
OM
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

itsybitsy wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:52 am I found the letter I was referring to in my earlier post, it's a thought-provoking read:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... our-future
Good find, I can't say I enjoyed reading it, because I didn't, but it was something that needed to be read I think.

Thanks for posting.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Jamesey1981 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:18 pm
itsybitsy wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:52 am I found the letter I was referring to in my earlier post, it's a thought-provoking read:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... our-future
Good find, I can't say I enjoyed reading it, because I didn't, but it was something that needed to be read I think.

Thanks for posting.
No problem. I read it and it made me feel somewhat better in myself, that the feelings I am experiencing are totally normal. The nausea and palpitations, I'm not enjoying though. Not one bit.
jansman

Post by jansman »

I think the anxiety, the worry and all the rest of it is a perfectly normal human reaction. I have really wrestled with all those emotions in the last ten days. My wife has seen posts on social media from people whose companies have welched on payday, and left them with nothing. Businesses that have gone bust, workers laid off. Waiting for help. It is a mentally tough time, and the mental aspect mustn’t be played down.

I have experienced some awful situations in my life, and I don’t know if it’s my age, but this is not a happy situation right now, and it’s up there with proper crap. Trouble is, I don’t think it’s really started yet
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

jansman wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:51 pm I think the anxiety, the worry and all the rest of it is a perfectly normal human reaction. I have really wrestled with all those emotions in the last ten days. My wife has seen posts on social media from people whose companies have welched on payday, and left them with nothing. Businesses that have gone bust, workers laid off. Waiting for help. It is a mentally tough time, and the mental aspect mustn’t be played down.

I have experienced some awful situations in my life, and I don’t know if it’s my age, but this is not a happy situation right now, and it’s up there with proper crap. Trouble is, I don’t think it’s really started yet
I've stopped watching the news. That has helped a bit, but I wake up feeling nauseated and very anxious every morning now. Once I'm up and about it's much better, but those first five minutes aren't great.

Also, I have had to fix my own spectacles with a hairdryer and a small screwdriver. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

My grandad has a pair of Frankenstein glasses that he wears in his workshop, he was always complaining that he smeared grease on them when switching from his reading glasses to his distance glasses, so he wired together two broken pairs and now has a distance lens in one eye and a close up lens in the other, he looks pretty ridiculous with wired together glasses and one eye always closed but it works!
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Jamesey1981 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:00 am My grandad has a pair of Frankenstein glasses that he wears in his workshop, he was always complaining that he smeared grease on them when switching from his reading glasses to his distance glasses, so he wired together two broken pairs and now has a distance lens in one eye and a close up lens in the other, he looks pretty ridiculous with wired together glasses and one eye always closed but it works!
:lol: :lol: :lol: Genius!
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

I've also just eaten a bag of Jalepeno Cheese crisps for breakfast. Hotter than I'd anticipated. :shock: