Lockdown?

How are you preparing
Arzosah

Re: Lockdown?

Post by Arzosah »

jansman wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:19 pm Mrs J and me have ( had) the virus.cough,fever and aching limbs.Very mild.Mrs J can go out foraging on Sunday,I have to go another week.Garden is immaculate!
The mildness is such a relief to hear, congratulations. Please give your bodies time to rest and heal :)
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

jansman wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:19 pm Mrs J and me have ( had) the virus.cough,fever and aching limbs.Very mild.Mrs J can go out foraging on Sunday,I have to go another week.Garden is immaculate!
Good to hear :)
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:21 pm
The mildness is such a relief to hear, congratulations. Please give your bodies time to rest and heal :)
It is a relief.Thanks.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Arzosah wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:21 pmThe mildness is such a relief to hear, congratulations. Please give your bodies time to rest and heal :)
Agreed, :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Good to hear you are both getting over it. Question if i may , has it been determined how you contracted the virus?
jansman

Post by jansman »

grenfell wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:50 am
Good to hear you are both getting over it. Question if i may , has it been determined how you contracted the virus?
No.We simply realised the symptoms .Sunday morning Mrs J. started coughing like a machine gun firing.Went on for 12 hours. I had an intermittent cough,and we both had a high temperature at various times.That came in 'waves' if that makes sense? Also aching legs at times. Feel great now.

We could have got it anywhere.The idea of Social Distance MUST be taken seriously by the population at large. My job brought me into a lot of close contact with customers,as did Jan,as a teacher - children are infectious little beasts at the best of times! :lol: That is the !ikely source.

We will not get tested in any way either. The 111 NHS,was clear about symptoms and procedures.As Jan was first to show,she has to go 7 days ( next Sunday) with NO high temperature.The cough can persist,without being infectious for several weeks though.After I had registered her,the next bit was ' anyone living with you?' Yeah,me! So I have to go to a week next Sunday to be,absolutely certain.I had to download an Isolation Note ( which is basically a sick note), for my gaffer and email it to him.

If you get it mild,it's actually not that bad.It's the poor devils that get the serious problems I feel for.

Robert Frost.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Post on our village community council group on FB last night saying the village has several people ill at home and one in hospital seriously ill. This is from Wiki about our village :
"The village comprises some 150 dwellings, spread over a geographical area of around 50 square miles (130 km2), most of which is moorland. "
How on earth did we get it so fast and so easily :shock:
jansman

Post by jansman »

It will only take one person to have come in from out of town...

Robert Frost.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Damn. We were too late with the barbed wire and flamethrowers.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

First person in my town to die of coronavirus was two days ago, an 82 year old man with complications. And yesterday, when I was out for my single walk, I saw an ambulance drawn up outside a house two streets away from me. Nothing in the local paper's website today, and it could be many things, of course, but .... watching and waiting. The slot for my supermarket delivery, booked 9 days ago and the last one there, has arrived today - I'm emptying the "porch" (no inner doorway) of anything absorbent as much as possible, and setting up a dunking system at the door, instead of carrying it through to the kitchen as I used to.

The order itself is interesting: I got an email cancelling maybe a dozen items, so I went online to top up with other stuff - which was basically anything I could get. Yesterday, I got *another* email, cancelling more items, about £40 worth - but when I tried to top it up again, I couldn't even log in, by the website or the app. Mind you, this will be fine now, I'm happy to have got more green leafy veg in, thats the main thing. I won't even try to shop again till the peak has well passed. I'll probably get sprouting again too (seeds, not me :lol: ).