Lockdown?

How are you preparing
Plymtom

Re: Lockdown?

Post by Plymtom »

grenfell wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:58 pm
diamond lil wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:17 am Meanwhile the over 70s are being put under house arrest this week. Preppers, send me sweetie parcels. :twisted:
I know we haven't decided if they serve any actual purpose but won't that take out a good proportion of the house of lords? How will we cope...
Edit
Joking aside but aren't there a lot of judges and a few doctors of that age?
I'm surprised o one has suggested we play " Deadpool" yet :roll:
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

SCOTLAND is not planning on isolating over-70s over coronavirus fears, the country's Health Secretary has said, amid criticism of the UK Government's communication and strategy.

The UK's Health Secretary Matt Hancock announced that elderly people are likely to be asked to self-isolate for up to four months - news that emerged from anonymous briefings.

However, Scottish Health Secretary Jeane Freeman has said the Scottish Government were not planning on isolating the elderly but would instead be "asking them to reduce social contact".
"It's not isolation, it's asking them to reduce social contact.

"We don't want people who are elderly to be stuck in their homes alone not contacting anyone, with their families not able to be in touch with them and to help them.

"What were saying to them is, reduce your contact."
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Plymtom wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:39 pm

I'm surprised o one has suggested we play " Deadpool" yet :roll:
I do a deadpool, last week was really quiet, the irony was flagged up. No famous Corona deaths yet, at least none that any of us have. ;)
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

grenfell wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:58 pm
diamond lil wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:17 am Meanwhile the over 70s are being put under house arrest this week. Preppers, send me sweetie parcels. :twisted:
I know we haven't decided if they serve any actual purpose but won't that take out a good proportion of the house of lords? How will we cope...
Edit
Joking aside but aren't there a lot of judges and a few doctors of that age?
I think most of them sit around all day doing (**not a lot**) so isolation in that other place wont really seem any different to them will it.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Let's hope they get £94 a week sick pay while they're doing it.
jansman

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:58 am Let's hope they get £94 a week sick pay while they're doing it.
Don't joke.Another week and that could be most of the population - and me too.And if folks like me don't pay our taxes,en masse,there ain't no pension and benefit payments.That's fact.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

jansman wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:32 pm
diamond lil wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:58 am Let's hope they get £94 a week sick pay while they're doing it.
Don't joke.Another week and that could be most of the population - and me too.And if folks like me don't pay our taxes,en masse,there ain't no pension and benefit payments.That's fact.
The Gov will just borrow more to keep paying everyone Jansman, adding it to the ever increasing deficit :(
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
jansman

Post by jansman »

Whatever the long term financial situation, I am , frankly, just concerned with the short term. One thing my wife and I have learned since her illness is to simply live life by the day. We are all mortal.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
peejay

Post by peejay »

I was thinking about lockdown implications today. One thought was that it'll lead to much more home-parking than usual leading to strain in neighbourhoods with tight parking capacity (e.g. all night-workers home at same time as day-workers etc.) then that led me to think about all those cars sitting at home unused - great for the environment but after a few months of it there's likely to be a knock-on effect to battery charge levels for a larger than normal percentage.

I mentioned to a friend who's father has owned an auto-electrical unit for 40 years that he might want to look into prepping for a surge in demand for battery chargers in a few months...
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

peejay wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:10 pm I was thinking about lockdown implications today. One thought was that it'll lead to much more home-parking than usual leading to strain in neighbourhoods with tight parking capacity (e.g. all night-workers home at same time as day-workers etc.) then that led me to think about all those cars sitting at home unused - great for the environment but after a few months of it there's likely to be a knock-on effect to battery charge levels for a larger than normal percentage.

I mentioned to a friend who's father has owned an auto-electrical unit for 40 years that he might want to look into prepping for a surge in demand for battery chargers in a few months...

If it's like that I'll whip the cars battery out and slap it on the smart charger every week if the depth of discharge gets too low it will kill the battery .. added bonus extra emergency power and harder to pinch the car ...
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine