Prepping and climate change

How are you preparing
jansman

Re: Prepping and climate change

Post by jansman »

Deeps wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:33 pm
jansman wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:23 pm Hydrogen will not pass through our current gas pipes.The molecules are smaller and will leak out.Obviously it is not as dense as petrol or diesel.So it would follow that it would take far more transport to filling stations to deliver the same energy transfer.Won't happen,because it will take more energy to deliver the energy than it is worth.Prepare to live in the Dark Ages.
Its amazing how productive people can be when properly motivated, whether its nuclear, hyrdrogen or 'giant frickin' lasers' or whatever as the planet runs out of fossil fuels and the pressure ramps up something MIGHT come along, its not set in stone that we'll revert to the Dark Ages. As I said earlier though, you can't rely on some clever clogs saving the day, we do need to make changes and it has to be as a planet, no point 'little old Britain' busting a gut and ticking every box if the big hitters like the US and China etc aren't doing it too.
Check out paragraph 8,which highlights how we are relying ( or goobermint are) on technology fixes:

https://consciousnessofsheep.co.uk/2020 ... ve-future/

That^^^ coupled with the absolute derision of my power station friend and his oppos of Bozo inc. tells me we are stuffed.Prepare for a huge drop in your current standard of living.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Here are a couple of Cartograms (the areas are scaled by values other then landmass), created by Mark Newman and copied from Here

This is Population

And this is Greenhouse gasses
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jansman wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:50 pm
Check out paragraph 8,which highlights how we are relying ( or goobermint are) on technology fixes:

https://consciousnessofsheep.co.uk/2020 ... ve-future/

That^^^ coupled with the absolute derision of my power station friend and his oppos of Bozo inc. tells me we are stuffed.Prepare for a huge drop in your current standard of living.
We'll get what we get I guess mate. I'm not particularly confident of our medium to long term future myself but that's based on what we're doing (or not doing) NOW. We don't know if some clever clogs is going to invent a 'flux capacitor' or 'The Donald gets a blow to the head and see's Wee Greta as his new guru or..... whatever.

If our comfortable lives do take a dip, we'll still be better off than most the planet and while I wouldn't say I'm looking forward to it, I'm probably better placed (emotionally as well as practically) than most to deal with it. It would be out of our hands though in most likelihood.