What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

How are you preparing
jansman

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

Post by jansman »

I am with Yorkshire Andy on that one. Proper gloves, a helmet/ screen and ear defenders are a must at a minimum. I have a petrol chainsaw,and a Titan too! For those quick- can’t be- arsed -to- get -the - petrol- kit -out.- moments.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
peejay

Post by peejay »

I have those exact gloves, plus a face screen though I haven't gone for the leg spats - everything I'm cutting is in a forest master bulk log stand so should all be well-contained & hopefully less susceptible to mis-haps. If I do any "loose" cutting then I'll definitely invest in some.
DustyDog

Post by DustyDog »

Hi Deeps.

Hi thanks for msg, yeah when it warms up a bit :lol:
Sorry been away recently, life has changed a lot since we had the drink in Ambleside, have got van more or less sorted and it is my home, my address is now where I work, I sleep at work a lot so it is saving a few pennies in rent however, I met one of the girls at work and we are a couple so I have to say, I didn't see that coming :lol: As said, life has changed a lot 😉

Will start trying to sort preps out and will do a post with pics on the van conversion as when I posted a good while back there was interest in it and it does come under the homes and retreats section. Anyway will keep in touch and again thanks for offer. DD.
Last edited by DustyDog on Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Up in the wet South Lakeland
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

DustyDog wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:05 pm
Hi mate, glad things are progressing, the offer of a visit up to sunny Scotland is still there if you fancy it.
[/quote]

Hi thanks for msg, yeah when it warms up a bit :lol:
Sorry been away recently, life has changed a lot since we had the drink in Ambleside, have got van more or less sorted and it is my home, however, I met one of the girls at work and we are a couple so I have to say, I didn't see that coming :lol:

Will start trying to sort preps out and will do a post with pics on the van conversion as it does come under the homes section. Anyway will keep in touch and again thanks for offer. DD.
[/quote]

Nice one DD, glad things are going well for you. Look forward to the posts on the van.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Dusty Dog, good for you, you found yourself the makings of a community, and went for it. Brilliant news.

My community-seeking is going a little slower :lol: today I'm off to an environmental group that has lectures once a month (okay, U3A, don't shoot me :mrgreen: ) and we're doing an online ecological footprint analysis.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

peejay wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:31 am I have those exact gloves, plus a face screen though I haven't gone for the leg spats - everything I'm cutting is in a forest master bulk log stand so should all be well-contained & hopefully less susceptible to mis-haps. If I do any "loose" cutting then I'll definitely invest in some.
Bumped into a friend of my dad's over Christmas in the local DIY emporium .. massive bandage on his hand .... He's a joiner by trade chopping wood his chainsaw took a good bite from his left hand ..

This chap was lucky : :o

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y6-eZRJaO8
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

Cutting tools don’t give a second chance. I have had fellow butchers with a Macho attitude take the p*ss because I wear a chainmail glove! 20 years ago I cut through the tendons on my hand with a12” steak knife. Put me out of the game for about three months. We nearly lost our home.

Wear safety kit.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:59 pm Cutting tools don’t give a second chance. I have had fellow butchers with a Macho attitude take the p*ss because I wear a chainmail glove! 20 years ago I cut through the tendons on my hand with a12” steak knife. Put me out of the game for about three months. We nearly lost our home.

Wear safety kit.
You gone out and got a stab vest yet? ;)

Started tidying up on the allotment bought a new incinerator bin had it glowing already tonight (I lit it after dark no one with washing out that and you couldn't see the smoke :lol:

And patched up the old greenhouse it's on its last legs

jansman

Post by jansman »

Stab vest,no.The job I spiked myself on will now be done another way!

Robert Frost.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Just been out to car...

Water bubbling up from water board manhole across the road ...

Rung Yorkshire water "yes we are aware... Tomorrow they will begin work be prepared for loss or discolouration of your water during and after works ... If you have problems the vans Cary a limited amount of bottled water. "

Oh well long put off change the water in the 25l IBC Jerry can stash is in full swing.. .....