What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

How are you preparing
Lemne

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

Post by Lemne »

Le Mouse wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:12 pm
Lemne wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:21 pm
Does it say which strains, am still undecided.
Let's see if I can make pictures work...
Thank you :)
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

Dried off and stored another tray of spuds from the allotment to see me through the winter. Prepared a bed in the garden ready for autumn planting garlic and shallots. Made a list of meals to batch cook and freeze down so if anyone got ill or food was short, I am prepared as most of the pre-made meals I had frozen, we have consumed now. Also now I have the freezer space, I am anxious to stock it up. Tomorrow's job is a cooking day as I am off work. (Still part time furloughed atm.) Then it will be dehydrate some shop bought mushrooms and onions to store in dried form. Hedging my bets with both dried/vac sealed and frozen produce!
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)
Lemne

Post by Lemne »

Went to the hairdressers for a trim yesterday. After leaving it too long and then going into lockdown last time I am going to keep on top of it from now on. After reading the news and cases rising I decided to forgo the trim and just went for the full lockdown special :)
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Lemne wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:53 am Went to the hairdressers for a trim yesterday. After leaving it too long and then going into lockdown last time I am going to keep on top of it from now on. After reading the news and cases rising I decided to forgo the trim and just went for the full lockdown special :)
I am now officially the family hairdresser. Lock-down frustration led to Mrs A trusting me to highlight (both foil wrap and cap versions) and colour her hair and now I've finally got the hang of it its saving her (us/me) a fortune. I do all the hard work and she goes for a dry cut. Funny how I dont get a tip at the end though. Oh well its another skill in back pocket. :D

Shes not quite ready to let me loose with the scissors though. :lol:
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
jansman

Post by jansman »

We are making sure we have all the ‘nice’ stuff in by the weekend. On Sunday Mrs J has a Covid test booked prior to her long awaited surgery on Wednesday. From Sunday she, me and daughter have isolate to the point of hospital drop-off. Just hope she doesn’t test positive!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

jansman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:33 pm We are making sure we have all the ‘nice’ stuff in by the weekend. On Sunday Mrs J has a Covid test booked prior to her long awaited surgery on Wednesday. From Sunday she, me and daughter have isolate to the point of hospital drop-off. Just hope she doesn’t test positive!
Fingers crossed and hope all goes well with a speedy recovery so she doesn't have to spend too much time in hospital.
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)
jansman

Post by jansman »

PreppingPingu wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:59 pm
jansman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:33 pm We are making sure we have all the ‘nice’ stuff in by the weekend. On Sunday Mrs J has a Covid test booked prior to her long awaited surgery on Wednesday. From Sunday she, me and daughter have isolate to the point of hospital drop-off. Just hope she doesn’t test positive!
Fingers crossed and hope all goes well with a speedy recovery so she doesn't have to spend too much time in hospital.
Thanks.
She is having breast reconstruction. Normally, she would be in for a couple of days. Providing there’s no complications, it’s same-day! When she leaves, any infections, pain or complications will have to be dealt with by the GP. Anyone whose has dealt with their GP in the last six months know how easy that is(n’t) !!! Interesting times.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

jansman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:21 pm
Thanks.
She is having breast reconstruction. Normally, she would be in for a couple of days. Providing there’s no complications, it’s same-day! When she leaves, any infections, pain or complications will have to be dealt with by the GP. Anyone whose has dealt with their GP in the last six months know how easy that is(n’t) !!! Interesting times.
Very best of luck to Mrs J for both the covid test and the surgery!
Lemne

Post by Lemne »

Fingers crossed.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Best wishes.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.