What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

How are you preparing
Captain Darling

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

Post by Captain Darling »

Good stuff Jenny, its always the little things.

Come SHTF, whatever S and whatever F that may be its going to be stressfull enough, let alone without any form of release.

Its always a good idea to have a few beers on standby and a stockpile of food you enjoy.

I usually have a paperback I havent read and a deck of cards, sometimes its enough.
Cutting, combustion, cordage, container, cover.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Not so much prepping, as being glad of preps at the moment. At work our fridges have been stripped. Our local co op too. People are anticipating a lockdown. Right now I am waiting for the PM to spout off, and frankly we are switching off and putting comedy on! :lol: :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:22 pm Not so much prepping, as being glad of preps at the moment. At work our fridges have been stripped. Our local co op too. People are anticipating a lockdown. Right now I am waiting for the PM to spout off, and frankly we are switching off and putting comedy on! :lol: :lol:
Been the same here was fine last night (pay day big shop) :lol: wife went to Morrisons at 3 this afternoon apparently in her words "it's fccking stripped"

Went up to farm foods with her the place was empty so was the mini Asda (she had a rant as she "didn't want to get a chicken or beef joint out the freezer" :lol:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

I've put in 3 weeks worth of Tesco click and collect orders earlier. Just in time too as the Tesco website was getting slower and slower at each order. Just been reading about websites of all the supermarkets crashing this afternoon.

Plus got Mum through the opticians this morning - got in under the wire!
Lemne

Post by Lemne »

We don't drink at home so my prep has been to go up in the attic and get down the booze. So once again I am sat with a healthy glass of GnT, not my first, waiting for Boris to lock us down.
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

Lemne wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:43 pm We don't drink at home so my prep has been to go up in the attic and get down the booze. So once again I am sat with a healthy glass of GnT, not my first, waiting for Boris to lock us down.
I'm on the whiskey mac, very grateful that BBC1 booted Boris in favour of Strictly. Under the circumstances, I need my dose of sparkly nonsense!
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Oh well, thats it then.

I'm hoping no ones panic bought all the shed felt
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
jansman

Post by jansman »

Plenty of booze on the go in the workshop. I used to use the spare bedroom, but that’s been reoccupied. It was suggested to me by a home brew enthusiast/ customer of mine, to use stainless steel aquarium heaters. As I brew 25 litre batches, I use the heaters that draw only 50 watts, and coupled with old blankets, I am seeing batches brewed out in only 10 days. Working a treat!

Off out for a walk later to find hazel and blackthorn to season for next year’s walking sticks ( a hobby of mine), and whilst out I am sure I will find a bagful of blue leg and parasol mushrooms too. A nice time of year.

Robert Frost.

Me.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

jansman wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:25 am Plenty of booze on the go in the workshop. I used to use the spare bedroom, but that’s been reoccupied. It was suggested to me by a home brew enthusiast/ customer of mine, to use stainless steel aquarium heaters. As I brew 25 litre batches, I use the heaters that draw only 50 watts, and coupled with old blankets, I am seeing batches brewed out in only 10 days. Working a treat!

Off out for a walk later to find hazel and blackthorn to season for next year’s walking sticks ( a hobby of mine), and whilst out I am sure I will find a bagful of blue leg and parasol mushrooms too. A nice time of year.
When the Zompocalypse happens.... I'm coming to your house :D
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
jansman

Post by jansman »

ForgeCorvus wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:45 pm
jansman wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:25 am Plenty of booze on the go in the workshop. I used to use the spare bedroom, but that’s been reoccupied. It was suggested to me by a home brew enthusiast/ customer of mine, to use stainless steel aquarium heaters. As I brew 25 litre batches, I use the heaters that draw only 50 watts, and coupled with old blankets, I am seeing batches brewed out in only 10 days. Working a treat!

When the Zompocalypse happens.... I'm coming to your house :D
For the mushrooms or the booze? :lol:

Robert Frost.

Me.