What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

How are you preparing
ForgeCorvus

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Nurseandy wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:27 pm
Have been redeployed to covid palliative care ward - first shift tomorrow. Let's hope its really boring - ie not busy.
I'd love it if all of the NHS had a couple of really boring months.

Stay safe mate
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Nurseandy wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:27 pm Started planting the usual annual vegetables in the greenhouse & potatoes in the ground. Also trying Jerusalem artichokes for the first time.
Sadly Sutton's were out if parsnip seed but sent me pak choi instead :roll:
Got plenty of other seed though bought at the end of the season last year when on sale.
Have been redeployed to covid palliative care ward - first shift tomorrow. Let's hope its really boring - ie not busy.
Stay safe Andy..

Less than 4 days and my tomatoes are germinating well
Screenshot_20200331-193921.png
Attachments
Screenshot_20200331-193921.png
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Nurseandy

Post by Nurseandy »

Thanks guys. Means a lot.
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

Thanks for doing what you do, utmost respect for anyone on the front line of this particular battle.

Stay safe and do the best you can, but don't let it get to you, turning up for work in these circumstances is heroic enough, no one can ask you for more.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

Yes take care of yourself too. My brother works in our local hospital and he's becoming quite low and depressed so make sure you pay attention to yourself as well as those you are caring for. Respect and thoughts to you and yours.
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)
peejay

Post by peejay »

diamond lil wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:58 pm Still too early to plant up here but I'm buying up coffee. Anybody know how long coffee beans last before they lose flavour?
Thanks for the reminder to put an order in myself - I was reading today how coffee could be impacted by border closures etc. so I'll have enough to keep me going for 3 months at least.

I'm lazy & use Nespresso but have some capsules a few years old that I dip into occasionally & never have an issue with the tast though they are well sealed

(I used to drink a lot of espressos so bought a lot of them initially but these days mostly drink Lungos so have plenty of old Espresso capsules of varying flavours that I can drink if I hit the bottom of the barrel on Lungos...)
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

PreppingPingu wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:05 pm
Yes take care of yourself too. My brother works in our local hospital and he's becoming quite low and depressed so make sure you pay attention to yourself as well as those you are caring for. Respect and thoughts to you and yours.
Respect from me too ... nurses, doctors, other professions like physios, the admin staff and the support staff like cleaners are crucial too ... I've just seen input from care home workers, the situation sounds bad there too.

Let us know how it goes, Nurseandy, if you can stay awake when you get back one night.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Today I shall finish organising my workshop ( finally get that lathe set up), prick out tomatoes and bottle some homebrew. Oh yes,and service/ sharpen the chainsaws.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

jansman wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:51 am Today I shall finish organising my workshop ( finally get that lathe set up), prick out tomatoes and bottle some homebrew. Oh yes,and service/ sharpen the chainsaws.
I would love a lathe, I have set up a spring pole lathe for woodwork before but a metalwork one would be awesome.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Jamesey1981 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:53 am
jansman wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:51 am Today I shall finish organising my workshop ( finally get that lathe set up), prick out tomatoes and bottle some homebrew. Oh yes,and service/ sharpen the chainsaws.
I would love a lathe, I have set up a spring pole lathe for woodwork before but a metalwork one would be awesome.
Sorry, I should’ve said, mine is a wood turning lathe. To be honest, I wouldn’t know where to start with an engineers lathe!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.