What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

How are you preparing
ForgeCorvus

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

Post by ForgeCorvus »

PreppingPingu wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:58 pm

Wondering if we can squeeze a small freezer in there... Not sure if hubby wants a freezer in his workshop but hey ;)
Just been looking at freezers (bought an extra one), some are designed to go in out buildings.... And they don't seem to be any more expensive.
(Yes we finally got the shed delivered and assembled and when the local dump/recycling place opened, I did various car runs to dump the old rotten shed - I'm always amazed what I get in the back of my old focus estate!)
Estate car= stealth BOV ;)
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

PreppingPingu wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:58 pm - I'm always amazed what I get in the back of my old focus estate!)
They are like a mobile skip 😂

Just done an oil change on my dad's today
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

abit more work today on 1st aid kits but had these from work for free,went to the stores this morning and said i needed a new one for our van storesman came back with a small and large kit handed them me and said take these so i did lol...
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Rusty74 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:52 pm abit more work today on 1st aid kits but had these from work for free,went to the stores this morning and said i needed a new one for our van storesman came back with a small and large kit handed them me and said take these so i did lol...

Can't beat free :lol:

Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:55 pm
Rusty74 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:52 pm abit more work today on 1st aid kits but had these from work for free,went to the stores this morning and said i needed a new one for our van storesman came back with a small and large kit handed them me and said take these so i did lol...

Can't beat free :lol:
mate its money iv saved and can be spent else where now :D :D :D
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

That was the other thing I did this week, get a fire blanket, eye wash station and fill an empty first aid box with workshop/knife forge first aid bits. Hubby happily then attached them all to various points in the shed. Not saying he's accident prone - that's me, but if we don't have them, you bet your last penny we'd need them!
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)
Medusa

Post by Medusa »

We arent allowed to use out of date first aid items at work, although what issues an out of date triangular bandage is going to cause is beyond me and personally I would rather use an out of date basic dressing than none at all. As I'm in charge of restocking I always ask if anyone wants them for home and if it's a no they come home with me. We have also been pretty lucky with being given wood recently, husbands customers offered their cut down tree as it was going to cost them to get it removed, a colleague of work offered me bags of wood they got for a chimnea and hadnt used and which was cluttering up her garden and I also scavaged a load of solid wood furniture from work which had been dumped. Weekend was mostly spent harvesting from the garden, putting the garlic up to dry, picking berries and rhubarb and making them into crumbles to freeze and harvesting the broccoli and my sad looking caulis. None of them would win any prizes in a competition, but they still taste good.
Growing old disgracefully!
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

PreppingPingu wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:45 pm
That was the other thing I did this week, get a fire blanket, eye wash station and fill an empty first aid box with workshop/knife forge first aid bits. Hubby happily then attached them all to various points in the shed. Not saying he's accident prone - that's me, but if we don't have them, you bet your last penny we'd need them!
my wife will certainly use them at some point,over 30 years iv been 80ft up felling trees with work and jobs on the side and never had a scratch misses is a welsh teacher walked out of a mate of ours house once after the rugby tripped and broke her arm in 3 places,butterfly break i think they called it but god she clumsey lol...
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Well. I have to say I got some really serious preps ordered today.
- Dior foundation and eye makeup.
Well.. sometimes you just have to! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

PreppingPingu wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:45 pm

Does the blanket have the bsi kitemark on it?

And have a tag on the blanket itself someone on here made me aware of lots of Chinese fakes saturating the UK market carying strange en numbers which do not put out fires :shock:
Screenshot_20200707-211447.png
Screenshot_20200707-211455.png