What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

How are you preparing
Yorkshire Andy

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

diamond lil wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:48 pm Well. I have to say I got some really serious preps ordered today.
- Dior foundation and eye makeup.
Well.. sometimes you just have to! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You can't eat that :o :lol: :mrgreen:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Well I suppose you could try.. If things get really bad then I'll have a munch and let you know what it tastes like :lol:
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Brilliant prep, Lil :mrgreen: I've gone the boring route - a shop at online Boots, large enough to give me free home delivery - sanitiser, vitamins, OTC sleeping tabs, and emergency dental kit - I'm sure the one I have is so old the stuff you put on the tooth will have solidified by now. And even if it hasn't, two is one and all that 8-)

And I finally finished my lockdown craft project - I've been doing it for so long that home-made masks weren't a thing when I started :oops: :oops: :oops: but thats where I'll put my focus now. Here's my bowl cover, in all its glory:
July bowl cover in lockdown online version.jpg
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

Arzosah wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:43 am And I finally finished my lockdown craft project - I've been doing it for so long that home-made masks weren't a thing when I started :oops: :oops: :oops: but thats where I'll put my focus now. Here's my bowl cover, in all its glory:
That's lovely! Did you use buttons for the weights?

I've fallen off the prep wagon the last couple of weeks - a combination of migraine (plus associated 'hangover') and a weird crick in my neck that spread to my shoulder and upper back has led me to survive mainly on painkillers and sleep. And on top of that, work has been getting really busy. So things I wanted to get done these last weekends haven't happened.

I've got a batch of masks to make for a friend and his family and I need to do my much promised prep list to see what I need to stock up on.

I have, however, downloaded and mostly read the manual for the car I've got a deposit on and should hopefully get to see next week :mrgreen: and started assembling my car kit. I bought a ResqueMe thingy that I've seen mentioned on here :mrgreen:
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Le Mouse wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:21 pm [

I have, however, downloaded and mostly read the manual for the car I've got a deposit on and should hopefully get to see next week :mrgreen: and started assembling my car kit. I bought a ResqueMe thingy that I've seen mentioned on here :mrgreen:

I've had 2 genuine rescueme-s fall apart in my pocket I've gone back to the genuine simple life hammer
https://www.active-products.co.uk/index ... uct_id=185

my mates got the new fancy version it worked well when he stopped at a road accident

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LifeHammer-011 ... th=1&psc=1

If you've got a 1kg extinguisher these are good to mount it
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOLDER-ONLY- ... SwFFZbJ30P
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

Birds are laying like Billy- O.Currently pickling eggs.I love 'em!

https://www.sarsons.co.uk/recipes/pickled-eggs

Garden produce is abundant,so we are freezing and dehydrating.For the two of us, the garden will produce more than enough.The jungle next door is promising an enormous crop of blackberries too! A builder mate dropped off a load of 3" fence posts,and I mean a load.Some I will keep as emergency posts/timber.The rest will go in the woodburner.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Le Mouse wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:21 pm
Arzosah wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:43 am And I finally finished my lockdown craft project - I've been doing it for so long that home-made masks weren't a thing when I started :oops: :oops: :oops: but thats where I'll put my focus now. Here's my bowl cover, in all its glory:
That's lovely! Did you use buttons for the weights?
Thanks! They aren't buttons, actually, they're discs from a necklace I bought in a charity shop. I tried buttons, but they didn't seem to be quite heavy enough.
Thats good! I have a seatbelt cutter on my keyring, but no lifehammer. I wonder if I should give one each to the drivers in my life as a Christmas stocking-filler ...
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:31 pm I've had 2 genuine rescueme-s fall apart in my pocket I've gone back to the genuine simple life hammer
https://www.active-products.co.uk/index ... uct_id=185

my mates got the new fancy version it worked well when he stopped at a road accident

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LifeHammer-011 ... th=1&psc=1

If you've got a 1kg extinguisher these are good to mount it
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOLDER-ONLY- ... SwFFZbJ30P
*bookmarks all of them for next payday* :lol:
jansman

Post by jansman »

Gonna muck my car out today,as we are off to our friend's lovely cottage in Norfolk tomorrow.Because of the Covid,we won't be using the local restaurant and boozer,sadly.Too much faff. We shall,instead,make good use of the lovely garden,barbecue area etc. Be a change of scenery.

Mrs.J said we should take a blanket to sit on the grass.No need,I have a tarp and ' proper' space blanket in the emergency kit. We should take,a first aid kit.No need,there's an extensive one in the car. Charger and cable for Apple devices,no need. Umbrella,no need. You wouldn't even know most of the gear is in the car the way it's stashed! :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

jansman, thats lovely! Have a wonderful time, boozer or no boozer :)