What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

How are you preparing
Arwen Thebard

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Did a 'click and collect' run to Tescos yesterday.

Ordered 10x4 kg bags of Tesco own brand white rice. None available so received 40x1 kg boxes of UncleBens with price match.:D
Ordered 5 x 4 litre bottles of Tesco own brand veg oil. None available so received a mix of (Bertolini?) 1 and 1.5 litre bottles to make up the same quantity. :D

Numerous other items replaced with better quality brands under alternative price match offer, so not complaining. :D

Does look like the larger sized / quantity items are not available at the moment.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:09 am Did a 'click and collect' run to Tescos yesterday.

Ordered 10x4 kg bags of Tesco own brand white rice. None available so received 40x1 kg boxes of UncleBens with price match.:D
Ordered 5 x 4 litre bottles of Tesco own brand veg oil. None available so received a mix of (Bertolini?) 1 and 1.5 litre bottles to make up the same quantity. :D

Numerous other items replaced with better quality brands under alternative price match offer, so not complaining. :D

Does look like the larger sized / quantity items are not available at the moment.

You got a farm foods near you?

https://www.farmfoods.co.uk/

Our locay has a fair few bulk items
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

Agreed with Farmfoods. They have some cracking deals. I use a lot of sugar for brewing, and they have 2x1 kg bags for £1.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:09 am Ordered 10x4 kg bags of Tesco own brand white rice. None available so received 40x1 kg boxes of UncleBens with price match.:D
WOW! Awesome result! I usually eschew substitutions, but you make me think I should leave them 'allowed'
Anyone else got any joy with delivery substitutions?
Can they be 'encouraged to happen' by ordering quantities of slow sellers, for example?
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
intuitive

Post by intuitive »

jennyjj01 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:39 am
LOL. Is that a courgette in your pocket, or.....
Care to share the make-up of your stash. Always interested in seeing what other folks prioritise and it might give us some reminders.
no im just generally pleased to see the forum :lol:

once i get everything here my partner tends to make a simple list of items with amount so we know what we have and using...nothing upon your scale mind. it tends to be multiple jars of cooking sauces, frozen meats, bread...have the baking options already to make our own. long life milk, large amount of pastas, tinned items of all sorts, vitamins,some snacky treats to keep kids and to have something nice, large amounts of baby foods and nappies, baby wipes, hygiene items, cleaning products,

but my father inlaw just spent £500 on dried foods which i need a run down on properly. multi kilos of different types and hearbs. i look forward to seeing it all and bagging up.
intuitive

Post by intuitive »

izzy_mack wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:37 am Also almost ran out of - of all things- tomato ketchup :oops: so will need to stock up on that , How did that happen,
funny you say ketchup...for a few days our local shop (asda) didnt seem to have any of it on there shelves...just after lockdown so i put it down to people partying and bbqs etc but was odd to see
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

You got a farm foods near you? https://www.farmfoods.co.uk/ Our locay has a fair few bulk items

Just looked it up and we do have a store near enough. Odd website though, you cant see what products they actually sell. :?:

Cheers for the pointer. 8-)
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
jansman

Post by jansman »

jennyjj01 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:27 pm
Arwen Thebard wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:09 am Ordered 10x4 kg bags of Tesco own brand white rice. None available so received 40x1 kg boxes of UncleBens with price match.:D
WOW! Awesome result! I usually eschew substitutions, but you make me think I should leave them 'allowed'
Anyone else got any joy with delivery substitutions?
Can they be 'encouraged to happen' by ordering quantities of slow sellers, for example?
We don’t use a lot of cooking oil, in fact 2x 1 litre lasts us months. We ordered a 1 litre bottle, ( Tesco) and it was subbed for a 3 litre bottle!

Robert Frost.

Me.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:56 pm You got a farm foods near you? https://www.farmfoods.co.uk/ Our locay has a fair few bulk items

Just looked it up and we do have a store near enough. Odd website though, you cant see what products they actually sell. :?:

Cheers for the pointer. 8-)
It’s an awful website, but the shop is worth a look in real time.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

I've topped up supplies of paracetamol, cough sweets, indigestion stuff and plasters. Got a load of multivitamins in too (some will be shared with my Mum).

This morning I successfully trimmed my own hair. I had planned on making an appointment with the hairdresser now shielding is over, but he's in town and my last couple of visits to town have put me off again, so I'll stay away and cut my own. Thankfully my hair is long and its default style is 'Dishevelled', so I have a lot of leeway! :lol: It'll save me money and save a trip into town.

I'm planning a trip to a local supermarket tomorrow to top up booze stores :mrgreen: and check out their craft section for haberdashery supplies and see if they've got any good deals on loo rolls. It's a regional specific supermarket and they sell *everything* :lol: