What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

How are you preparing
Yorkshire Andy

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Redneck Jake wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:55 pm
Still got to spray the other side of the tailgate as I had limited space to paint and the wheel arches too, trouble with Raptor is a full week for the paint to properly cure. New front brakes, a new fuel sender unit, new fuel lines, paint the chassis rails, relocate the breather pipes for both diffs, flush and refill both diffs and transfer case, rebuild front hubs, soundproof the cab, new glow plugs and then she'll probably be back on the road.

That should only take you a couple of hours :lol:

If your after a decent under body / cavity wax look at bilt Hambers offerings

https://www.bilthamber.com/corrosion-pr ... reatments/

I did one car I owned from new back in 2006 with dynax along with the cavity's .. I sold it in 2010 no MOT advisories for rust yet
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Redneck Jake

Post by Redneck Jake »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:14 pm

I did one car I owned from new back in 2006 with dynax along with the cavity's .. I sold it in 2010 no MOT advisories for rust yet
Ha! Plus reassembly of everything else! Besides, I'm not a mechanic by trade :o just happen to know a thing or two!

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll be doing underseal hopefully early December subject to finishing everything else. It'll never be finished, light bars etc will be coming later on but roadworthy is the first stop.
FABER.EST.SUAE.QUISQUE.FORTUNAE
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Redneck Jake wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:02 pm
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:14 pm

Ha! Plus reassembly of everything else! Besides, I'm not a mechanic by trade :o just happen to know a thing or two!

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll be doing underseal hopefully early December subject to finishing everything else. It'll never be finished, light bars etc will be coming later on but roadworthy is the first stop.
Took me half an hour Tonight to unblock my screen wash pump things can't break on a nice warm bright summers evening can they :evil:

jansman

Post by jansman »

Our house has become rather crowded again.Now daughter is back,we are struggling to access our safe. So...i have bought another Cathedral fireproof briefcase, to store essential details.Both ' briefcases ' now stored under bed,along with grab bag.After all,sh#t happens at night! :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Trojanhorse

Post by Trojanhorse »

As it has turned cold down South :) I am sorting out my cold weather gear this weekend.

I also bought a new Arktis jacket and shirt so I have spares in the car

Both from ebay so very happy :)
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Trojanhorse wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:57 am As it has turned cold down South :) I am sorting out my cold weather gear this weekend.

I also bought a new Arktis jacket and shirt so I have spares in the car

Both from ebay so very happy :)

Pah soft southern folk t shirt weather ooopp here :lol: I took my jumper off at about half 8 this morning :mrgreen:

Ordered a new jump pack for the cars since the smoke escaped from my Lidl special on Sunday morning :evil:

pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

A load of cubed lamb in the reduced aisle facilitated making a batch of stew for the freezer.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:47 pm

Ordered a new jump pack for the cars since the smoke escaped from my Lidl special on Sunday morning :evil:
Sorry, when you said "jump pack" I thought of this :oops:
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

ForgeCorvus wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:31 pm
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:47 pm

Sorry, when you said "jump pack" I thought of this :oops:
:D

I had a little Lidl little lithium jump starter box great as a power bank but it's ment to be able to jump a 1.6 petrol car the wife's is a tiny 1.0l and the stepson helped empty the shopping on Saturday afternoon left the boot open a bit so the boot light drained the battery (dead over night ) it's a tiny battery on it (35ah) and no way would it turn it over just a puff of smoke from the magic jump starting attachment... On Sunday morning :evil:

So I cursed and swore as I pulled my car round to jump it from mine ..

We have this jump start pack at work

https://www.sipuk.co.uk/sip-03936-rescue-pac-1600.html

the boss paid top money for it it will start the big numb industrial 6ish litre turbo diesel lumps on the BIG forklift must get about 15-20 starts before bit needs charging and on a cold winters morning it's a daily occurrence .

It was on offer at a few pence under £105 on flea bay not cheap but I've seen it / used it, it's not got a compressor / work lamp / funky never to be used gadgetry.

It starts vehicles which will not start .

I've used it on most diesel forklifts at work upto 12 tonne lifts,. a hired Dump truck last winterv and a fair few cars. .. (even next doors staff gravitate towards the fitters shop with the "my car wont start " sob story ...

I want nothing more nothing less I want a jump pack to start a vehicle and that's what it does

Lemne

Post by Lemne »

I'm making new masks this weekend. I haven't had my sewing machine out, as work is closed, since the last lockdown. Hoping my enthusiasm builds some by then.