What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

How are you preparing
Rusty74

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

Post by Rusty74 »

had a phone call saturday morning off someone about a tree that had come down and was blocking there drive so went out and cleared it for them,resulting in me gaining a van and trailer load of nice beech logs and £150 in cash for doing it for them(would have done it just for the logs but do like my cash in hand jobs as well),do have my own gardening round in the summer that i do after work,every penny counts in this day and age and eldest lad gives me a hand so gives him abit of pocket money and teaches him to earn abit of money,just hope no one here works for HMRC lol....
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
jansman

Post by jansman »

Rusty74 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 5:08 pm had a phone call saturday morning off someone about a tree that had come down and was blocking there drive so went out and cleared it for them,resulting in me gaining a van and trailer load of nice beech logs and £150 in cash for doing it for them(would have done it just for the logs but do like my cash in hand jobs as well),do have my own gardening round in the summer that i do after work,every penny counts in this day and age and eldest lad gives me a hand so gives him abit of pocket money and teaches him to earn abit of money,just hope no one here works for HMRC lol....
Don't you worry son. Can't beat a double whammy - logs and cash. I call that a result! Of course,the cash you got went to the charity of your choice.. :mrgreen:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

I've started a small production line in facemasks. Found a pattern that is simple and doesn't take long to make up. Fits nicely too. I'm using a batch of fat quarters I ordered from Aldi - cheap and cheerful. :)
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

jansman wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 6:30 pm
Rusty74 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 5:08 pm had a phone call saturday morning off someone about a tree that had come down and was blocking there drive so went out and cleared it for them,resulting in me gaining a van and trailer load of nice beech logs and £150 in cash for doing it for them(would have done it just for the logs but do like my cash in hand jobs as well),do have my own gardening round in the summer that i do after work,every penny counts in this day and age and eldest lad gives me a hand so gives him abit of pocket money and teaches him to earn abit of money,just hope no one here works for HMRC lol....
Don't you worry son. Can't beat a double whammy - logs and cash. I call that a result! Of course,the cash you got went to the charity of your choice.. :mrgreen:
of course it went into the MBP charity also know as my back pocket ;)
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Well. I'm pondering. I do do a good ponder. :mrgreen: Our back bedroom is north facing, big window, 14ft x 15ft with a high ceiling. It needs done up as it's turned into a dumping place for odds and ends and that's bugging me.
Sooo - do I turn it into a pantry/store room type of thing and buy Ikea shelves & units for that? Or do I just chuck out the junk, paint the room, and sink the money into things we are going to need soonish, like a washing machine and a new mattress?
I think the WM and new mattress will cost more the longer I wait. But I also think re Brexit and afterwards food will cost more too. We won't have too big a stash because there's only the 2 of us... but a store room can be used for many other things besides food.
What do you think?
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

I would try the best of both as it were. A washing machine is expensive but a must have item. If you have the money now, I would invest in one now. At least it will be covered by a guarantee for 12 months or so. One worry off your mind of having a machine breaking down. A new mattress is good for you physically and mentally - if you have a better might's sleep because you have a decent mattress, then in turn, mentally you will be better off. As for the back room, there's no reason why it can't be a bit of both. Our spare room has a bed in it, bookcase and craft stuff but it too gets used as a dumping ground :roll: Over the lock down I sorted and reorganised the room and used under the bed space for storage in boxes on wheels/slide out storage. I have some spare food under the bed now, though most of my stores are in the garage but that is in a block a short distance from the house so I prefer to have some food stores inside too.
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Think the husband wants to get the WM now. It's working fine but has a noisy bearing. I'm just swithering.. will keep thinking, ty PP.
I thinkw hatever I decide, I'll get one of those big Ikea Kallax storage units. Handy and don't take up much space.
jansman

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:27 pm Think the husband wants to get the WM now. It's working fine but has a noisy bearing. I'm just swithering.. will keep thinking, ty PP.
I thinkw hatever I decide, I'll get one of those big Ikea Kallax storage units. Handy and don't take up much space.
If you have the money, then set it to one side for a new washing machine. And keep it there. You can get one delivered in a day or two ( pm me , my daughter sells them online if you have a problem). If you buy one now, your warranty time is ticking away, and your old one could last another year. Now, food storage/ tp/ cleaning stuff etc. is never a waste of space.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

diamond lil wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:27 pm Think the husband wants to get the WM now. It's working fine but has a noisy bearing. I'm just swithering.. will keep thinking, ty PP.

Not a Hotpoint / creda is it? Many of them are subject to a recall for fire risk they are just replacing machines rather than doing remedial work. Worth checking there's a big list on their website
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

It's a Hotpoint Aqualtis but it's not in the recall list :evil:
I do think I'll leave the machine until later and fix up the room and food preps first.